Rebels

The front of the Castle was surrounded by masses chanting slogans like, 'We demand punishment for the runaway princess and her accomplice' as well as 'The prince shall be crowned after the King'. 

They could be heard saying things like a woman was never fit to rule anyways and how even a young Prince is better. A young prince who isn't even able to change his diaper was their preference and it said a lot about their preferences overall. 

"I beg your pardon, your Majesty, but I fail to analyze if this is going in our favor or going against our plan." The man who stood a few steps away from the Queen remarked. 

Upon the Queen's order, he had ignited the fire of rumors against the Princess among common people and the current situation was it's consequence. 

She stood above behind the widow of one of the towers examining the hustle that was going on outside. A hefty number of guards were protecting the entrance but the infuriated crowd looked like a flood that could break the wall stopping it any moment. 

"Rebels," She murmured, "They will come to our advantage later on, Deniz."

"But in that case, it will become difficult for our Princess Flerona to become the crown Princess. Their demand is for the Prince to be crowned." Deniz lifted his head a little to glance in the Queen's direction who stood there unaffected. 

"Who cares for their demands?" The Queen tilted her head slightly to look at Deniz who immediately looked down. "They think they run the Kingdom," She let out a humorless chuckle, "Fools!" 

"Indeed, you know better." Deniz said immediately not wanting to offend the Queen. 

"Their only rightful demand shall be entertained and that is, punishment for the runaway princess." 

Down there, the jeep of the commander could be seen entering the premises. Sparing a glance towards the provoked masses outside, the commander made his way towards another entrance of the Castle. 

"Where is the general?" He asked a soldier who was standing in front of the general's room. 

"He is inside but he said no-" 

The commander didn't listen to the man fully and pushed him aside, entering the room. 

"Alec, I think we have found the Princess. I was called here back in an emergency but you need to go, now! I have sent the soldiers already." 

"I have taken care of it already." Alec looked rather calm unexpectedly. 

"But how?" 

~

After Claudia saw the footprints coming from the window, she stood up immediately and strode closer. There was a tree in front of the cottage and one of its branches was right beside the widow's pane. It would have made it far easier for anyone to climb and jump through the window. 

She failed to notice all those details in the night or she would have been careful about leaving the window open. 

"Oh God," She rubbed her empty neck with one hand as she placed the other on her hip. "Who could have stolen it?" 

She wasn't worried about the necklace because it was expensive but it had her secret inside. She had a printed picture of her father and mother stuck inside the pendant. Everyone recognizes their King and old Queen. If the one who stole it, opened it, then? She thought to herself as she bit her lower lip. 

She looked up to see the Palace building which didn't seem as far away as it was in the night. Suddenly her conscious mind knocked some sense in her and she immediately started packing her stuff. She changed into her signature black outfit as soon as it was possible for her and ran downstairs. 

She caught sight of the little man whom she met in the night. He was placing breakfast on the table. 

"Good Morning, come join me." He said as soon as he noticed her presence. 

"Good Morning...umm...actually I need to leave. I will pay for the day I have stayed here, I promise." She said in a hurry. 

"But…but where are you going?" 

Upon the question, she halted for a moment. She didn't even know where she was going. For some reason she had assumed that this 'Lio' person wasn't going to check up on her again. He must have already been regretting plugging into her matter. 

"To a friend's house." She forced a smile as she didn't want to make the man suspicious about herself by mouthing her thoughts. 

"Alright," The man said even though he wasn't convinced.

For a moment she thought about asking the man about Lio but refrained. It was her fight and she had to fight it alone. He had already done enough. Her frozen feet moved and she stepped out of the little cottage. 

There wasn't a solid road outside but a stone path that was made out in between the dry lands. It was indeed kind of a deserted place now that she was observing her surroundings in broad daylight. 

She looked here and there without a clue about which direction she should choose to run. Utter confusion, helplessness and frustration was her true definition at the moment. 

Finally she decided to choose the left direction and started walking on it unaware of what was waiting for her on the path…