Sorcerer

"A-alec?" 

She felt like the sky had fallen upon her head as soon as she looked at the face of the man who stopped her. Even though her face was covered behind a veil, she knew that he had recognized her because he had seen her in that attire countless times before. 

She backed off a few steps after recovering from the shock but before she could make a run for it, he gripped her elbow. 

"Alec no…please," She said as she was wriggling in his grip. 

Soon she noticed a bunch of men encircling around them, making it almost impossible for her to run away. They were not in the town but she could see small houses a little far away. She wanted to scream for help but who would come for her help? 

"You're going back to the Palace with us, my lady." Alec Preston said as he gripped both of her forearms when she didn't stop struggling. 

There were emotions swirling in his eyes as he almost dragged her towards his jeep. He had chosen duty over heart because about the heart…it was just a heart. 

"I order you to let me go. You will regret this." She shouted at the men, trying her last card even though she knew they wouldn't consider her command in front of the King's command. 

"Who are you struggling for? The one who sold you out?" Alec finally said, pulling her closer and holding her firm over her feet. Only if you had trusted me, he thought.

As soon as he said those words, Claudia's stern body and expressions sagged noticeably. She never thought those few words would affect her in that way. Why did they affect her in the first place? But they did. 

"Sold me out?" She murmured under her breath, her focus zoning out from Alec's face. It felt like a hurricane inside her suddenly came to a halt. 

For just a moment, Alec Preston's heart squeezed upon seeing tear drops glistening in her eyes but soon he recovered. Compared to her previous struggles, it was rather easy for him to make her sit in the jeep this time. 

She came out of her stance when the jeep suddenly stopped with a jerk and she felt the seat belt tightening around her torso which she didn't remember wearing. 

She looked up to see what caused them to stop and was met with a mysterious looking figure standing right in front of the jeep. His face was covered under a black hood and his face seemed facing the ground from afar. 

"Who are you?" Alec interrogated as he untied his seat belt and took out his revolver before jumping out of the jeep. The jeeps behind them had stopped as well and the soldiers had come out. 

"Surprise," The interrupter removed the hood, revealing his face. 

Where Alec's nostrils flared upon seeing him, Claudia's eyes widened as well. It was indeed a surprise for both of them but pleasant for one and a dreaded one for the other. 

"Alright," Alec titled his jaw slightly before aiming the gun at him, "Let's finish it here then."

Without a warning, he pulled the trigger and before anyone could have processed it, the hot bullet escaped the narrow nozzle leaving flickers of yellow flames behind. In one breath, it covered the distance between Alec and Hellion not even sparing a moment for Claudia to scream. 

The metal pierced Hellion's pale skin right in the middle of his chest making a sound like a stone when thrown in thick mud. That was when Claudia's scream was heard. Her own hand went up to her chest where he was shot, her mouth agape as she struggled to breathe. 

"A runaway criminal shot during the encounter." Alec said satisfied as he put the revolver back into its belt tied around his waist and turned towards the jeep. 

Everyone except Alec was waiting for Hellion to fall on his knees but moments passed and it never happened. 

"Leaving with unfinished business? Tsk, unprofessional." 

Alec turned abruptly upon the remark that came from the man whom he assumed dead. His eyes widened and forehead creased as he gazed at the man who stood there as if he didn't take a bullet right over his windpipe just moments ago. 

Claudia, who had forgotten to breathe let out a strained breath through her nostrils, trying to make sense of what was happening. She had forgotten that a few moments ago she was planning to take advantage of the situation and run. 

Everyone was staring at him in disbelief when Hellion Duxsoro lifted his hand up to his mouth and took out a grey-black bullet and held it between his fingers. 

"You will need much more than this to get rid of me." He blinked at the bullet and then he aimed it at Alec. 

No one managed to catch the glimpse of when his hand moved but the next moment Alec's groan was heard and the fabric of his shirt above his forearm started darkening with a red liquid. 

The soldiers were too stunned to react and even Alec was baffled. Claudia Morissette who had always believed in magic was on the verge of passing out now that she was seeing it before her eyes. But little did she know, it wasn't even magic. 

"A descendant of sorcerers?!"