This Termite

"W-what did you…" She glanced at him with a horrified expression and then around her where everyone suddenly fell into a deep slumber.

"Let's go!" He said impatiently, holding his hand out to her. He didn't know how he would explain her the things he haven't himself understood yet but saving her was more important at the moment.

"Who are you?" She didn't budge and instead hid her hands inside her lap when she saw him reaching for them.

Once again that night she felt like her common sense or any kind of sense had left her body and she was just left with dried hay inside her skull. How an admittedly handsome man whom she never saw before showed up out of nowhere and the next moment everyone was sleeping on their chairs or the floor.

"I," he rubbed his temples with the hand he had previously outstretched for her to hold. "You can say I was uhh...well appointed to save you." He bit his lower lip while looking at her face changing expressions. He can't help but admire how cute and innocent she looked with that clueless face and widened eyes.

When she bit her lip, he immediately averted his gaze before breaking the silence, "Hurry up, they won't be dozed off forever."

It seemed like she finally came on a decision when she gave him a slight hesitant nod and then stood up from the platform. Now that she was about to climb out she realized why he offered his hand as it was quite high from the ground. When the men lifted and put her chair into it, she didn't realize it in her mindless state.

"A little help here would be appreciated." She said when he didn't make a move to offer his hand again but just looked at her with an amused expression.

In that tight dress it was impossible for her to climb out without doing embarrassing actions so she preferred asking for help instead of making a fool out of herself. She didn't know why but she wanted to keep her acts graceful in front of that man.

"Sure," He replied and walked up to her before wrapping an arm around her thighs and lifting her up like she weighed nothing.

"Hey! You!" She was too shocked to even react at the audacity when he gently placed her down and started walking towards the exit without even waiting for her let alone letting her walk ahead.

It hurt her Princess ego a little…

Or maybe alot…

"You coming or what?" He had clear creases on his forehead this time.

She didn't reply and strode past him with a smug expression. "I shall lead the way."

"Excuse me? I am the one rescuing you so I shall be the one leading the way." He immediately caught up with her.

"I think you have never been around a Princes-"

She was cut mid-sentence when he pressed her up against a wall and covered her mouth with his hand. She squirmed a little but he kept her in place with one of his hand pressed over her stomach.

The closeness caused his mind to drift back towards his dream. With his hand covering her mouth and only her eyes and forehead visible, she looked exactly like the person from his dream. He could even see the brown specs inside her hazel eyes due to the close proximity.

For a moment she stopped squirming, his hold loosened as well and they got lost in the depths of eachother's eyes which were hiding God knew what secrets.

"What the f**k?" He pulled his hand back and hissed at the sudden pain. His palm had visible marks of teeth etched over it.

"No, those are my words. What the…" She hesitated upon the curse word out of habit, "hell?"

"There was a guard passing by." He didn't look at her but was checking if the cost was clear for them to walk out.

"Oh!" She felt a little guilty for biting his hand when all he was trying to do was help her but was she going to apologize? Never!

"It's clear." He informed her and cautiously stepped out before backing off immediately..

She who was following him blindly bumped into his back and looked at him quizzically when he turned around.

"Wouldn't you want to get out of this?" He looked at her up and down.

She blinked at him for a few moments and then gasped as what he said registered. "Of course! Just give me a little while."

Before stepping out she spared one last glance at her father. His eyes were closed and face calm as his head was titled over the edge of the throne. The face that used to be her safe place once was today a nightmare for her. The compassionate loving aura he used to radiate off when he taught her sword fight was replaced with selfishness and cruelty.

Suddenly a hopeful thought bloomed inside her head and her eyes lit up. "Did my father appointed you to save me so that it all looks like a kidnap but actually it's all about getting me out of here without suspicion?"

He was suddenly bewildered at the unexpected question and what was more unexpected was the fact that he said, "Yeah."

He noticed how her previously frowning face and drowsy looking eyes were immediately wide and features relaxed. Something like guilt tried to lift its head up but he slapped it back down.

"Really? How did I even think he would do that to me?" She let out a sigh of relief and immediately ran back to her father's throne.

She bent over him and kissed his forehead before taking his hand in hers. "I promise I will be back and save you from this termite." She didn't know how she would do that but after throwing a hateful glance towards everyone else, she left.

~

"Done!"

He was laying on her bed when she emerged out of the dressing room in her signature black attire with a black veil covering her face. She had a medium sized bag in her one hand.

She gave him a disapproving look upon his act of laying on her bed and laying with his shoes on. The only reason she called him inside was to avoid him from being seen by anyone but he had the nerve to make himself get comfortable over the bed of a Princess. She decided to let it go as they didn't have time for that.

He on the other hand once again got mesmerized by the live picture of his dream. This was the second time he saw her in that attire and veil but he couldn't seem to get over it.

He spent his whole day looking for and asking about her from here and there but there she was, the crown princess of Dnexaro. It made sense why he never saw her before because Royals are rarely found rooming in the markets or places that don't suit their highness. The faces of Royal children were also kept confidential from television or newspaper due to security reasons. He was low-key impressed by her courage and also thankful for the fact that she didn't recognize him.

He could hardly nod at her when she stood there looking at his face with those soul-piercing eyes.

"Now where would we go?" She asked and this time he actually felt like bed slipping from under his butt.

He didn't think about that.