Ask Me If I Care

"What the f**k?" Hellion whispered while walking over to the bed where the Princess was sitting with a pout after knocking off a lamp from the table.

"You were not answering me." She frowned at him, crossing her arms over her chest. He looked back as if she had lost her mind.

"You will stay quiet or I will put you in a bow and shoot you back into that Palace." He bent down over her and warned before slipping an arm under her thighs and picking her up.

She just blinked at him with a scared, innocent face as if he would actually do what he said and he found it adorable. He averted his eyes immediately knowing what kind of naughty demon was hiding behind that angelic face of hers.

"Let me enlighten you that I have two feet and I can walk." She frowned at him but he didn't respond.

He didn't have the answer of why he felt the need of just picking her instead of telling her to move.

He opened up the closet hurriedly and put her in there but before he could have closed the door, she held his hand. She shook her head impatiently but didn't speak. As if under the effect of some spell, he climbed in himself and closed the door behind him, leaving both of them drowned in a silenced darkness.

As soon as the closet door closed, they heard the room's door opening followed by a heavy voice, "Whoever is in there, show yourself."

"Come on Mr Johnosn, I told you it's just the cat of the neighbors. It always climbs through the window." The heavy voice was followed by Mathew's voice.

Claudia frowned in the darkness while clenching onto the man's hand whose she didn't even know the name. She was trying her hardest not to freak out and breathe stably because the darkness and the closed space was giving her bouts of anxiety.

Both the new voices were strange for her. Suddenly she started having dark thoughts if it was the right decision to trust this man and now she didn't know what she will do next or where she will go. But did she have any other choice?

After a while of muffled discussion among the two people outside, finally they heard the closing of the door and it went silent again. She immediately tried to get out only to be held by the waist and pulled back into something solid but warm.

"Shhhh," She heard a husky whisper near her ear and warm breath fanning the bare skin of her neck.

Right at the moment she heard the door open once again. She wondered how he knew they were going to come back.

"Come on Mr Johnson!" The voice from earlier groaned.

Finally after a painful silence he opened the closet door and let her out. She took deep breaths and sat on the bed. "Bring me water."

"No." He answered simply and walked up to the door, opening it and peeking outside.

She just sat there staring at the back of that rude man. Only if he got any manners with those looks, she thought to herself and rolled her eyes. For a moment she wished to use her princess power and order the soldiers to throw him in the dungeon and then go meet him and tell him 'No' when he asked her for mercy.

She was pulled out of her planning when he called out to her. "You can come outside and have your water."

She stood up reluctantly but suddenly another man came in view at the door. "Why would she?" He seemed to be scolding her rescuer in a whisper and then immediately bowed his head to her. "Your Highness!"

She smiled a bit at him and gave him a subtle nod. She kinda liked him. He had a nerd sort of aura surrounding his personality with a mature looking face and a petite frame.

"Please call me if you need anything. You can rest here although it's nowhere near suitable to your highness but I shall try my best to ensure your comfort." He never raised his eyes for once while saying so.

Hellion on the other side saw his friend's this side for the very first time, with a bored expression.

"You can stay here for a night and tomorrow we will arrange somewhere else safe for you until you find someone to go to or sort out your matters with your parents." Hellion said and left the room.

Mathew glared at him and then turned to her, "Please don't mind him. I shall bring you water and something to eat."

"No, just water is enough. Thank you!" She tried so hard to smile but couldn't as the earlier words of her rescuer sent her over a train of worries.

Where would I go?

Could this matter be sorted out?

How would her step mother react?

Would her sisters hate her more?

What would her people think of her?

Mathew nodded respectfully but before he could have left she spoke again, "And teach your friend some etiquette." She said in a low voice even though she was sure she was not afraid of him in the slightest bit.

"I heard that."

They heard his voice coming from the living room.

"Ask me if I care?" She shot back.

"Do you?" He asked back.

"No!" She rolled her eyes and so did he.

The only person standing there perplexed was the poor innocent Mathew.