Gonna Listen The Hard Way

"Sandstorm?" 

She gazed at the horizon in horror. The dull blue sky was darkening due to the huge clouds of sand rising above the ground and moving towards her like wild water tides. 

The strong wind was causing her to step backwards on her own and she felt like she would lose balance any moment. She had never been through a sandstorm before hence she didn't know how to react except looking for something to hide behind immediately. 

Plain sand had spread its wings everywhere around her with no decent place to hide and she didn't have enough time to run and look for one still she ran because it seemed the best thing to do. She was regretting walking away from the jeep as it would have shielded her against the storm. 

The blow of wind behind her helped her run faster for a while but soon the strong push overcame the strength of her weak legs and she tripped over, falling down on her knees which sank deeper into the dense sand. 

Out of nowhere a pair of hands tied something around her mouth without giving her time to be surprised. The storm had reached them already and she felt like tiny needles were piercing through her skin on every inch of her body. 

She felt a warm shield enveloping her body from behind and the sand particles stopped hitting her directly yet she could feel them everywhere inside her clothes and even mouth. 

"Don't open your eyes or mouth." A familiar voice said right beside her ear. 

He kept protecting her body which was too small in comparison to his huge frame that hid her behind it perfectly. She did as he said, clenching her eyes tightly until the hell had passed. 

As the sand started settling down and the violent wind tamed a little, he let go of her but kept holding her elbows. 

"Are you okay?" He inquired taking in her pale face. "You can open your eyes now."

Slowly she lifted the blanket of her eyelids, blinking rapidly. The sand that was suspended in her eyelashes fell off as she removed the piece of cloth from her face which was her own black veil. 

"Where did y-" She choked on the sand that went into her mouth before she could have completed her sentence. 

"Easy, easy," Hellion patted her back gently, placing one hand on her stomach and applying subtle pressure. "I just went to look for something to eat and you disappeared from behind." 

"Don't touch me," She pushed his hand aside from her stomach. "And you disappeared, not me." She pouted. 

"Alright, I disappeared," he lifted his hands up in surrender and then stood up. "Come," he offered her a hand. 

She got up ignoring his hand and dusted off her clothes and hair as Hellion took his hand back with an eye roll and shrug. 

The sandstorm had erased her footsteps and she had no idea which direction she came from because everywhere she looked, it appeared the same. 

"Wow, now we are lost." She said while trying to untangle her hair which puked handfuls of sand whenever she moved them anywhere.

"No we aren't," Hellion started walking away in some direction and she had no choice but to quietly follow him. 

She had taken off her shoes because the sand that went in them was irritating her feet. As soon as she set her foot on the cold sand, it felt so refreshing to her strained legs thus she decided to walk barefoot. Every time her feet subsided inside the cold and soft sand, it sent a soothing pleasure to her mind. 

"Put your shoes back on." He told her without looking back. 

"Nope," she replied simply. 

As a princess she wasn't used to anyone telling her to do something in such a demanding tone except her step mother. Listening to her was compulsory but according to her royal ego, he was in no place to go around ordering her. 

Even though he did her a huge favor, for her the fact that how rude and demanding he was didn't change a slightest bit. She had thought to repay him with money or any sort of favor once the matters settled down. He must be doing this in greed of some reward, she had thought to herself.

 "Sure," he said back immediately, shrugging as if he was expecting her to say that already or wanted her to say that. 

There was a mischievous smirk on his face which she didn't see.