Chapter 34

Regulus was getting ready to pick up Anadil and Draco from King's Cross, he briefly explained his plan to Anadil and she agreed to it, and now he just have to apparate at the apparition point and make sure the two can get home safely.

But then again Regulus pondered with a thought, he tried to shake the thought of ever since Sirius left, but he has a feeling that one of these days, Sirius would do something that he regrets, and it includes with taking Anadil, but then again that's impossible since Sirius would have to get his trust.

'Who am I kidding? I won't give him my trust that quick again' Regulus said to himself.

But what happened the other day, you were so close..... A voice inside him said.

'Don't be stupid that was catching up... I think' He answered the voice.

Whatever makes you sleep at night..... It said and Regulus shaked the voice away.

'I shouldn't be worrying, Sirius wouldn't do that..... But he's also desperate' He told himself.

Of course he was prepared for this kind of situation, Anadil's not his child, and he knows that she'll be in grave danger if Lord Voldemort rises ones more, he has his reasons; a) He can't look out for her anymore, b) Voldemort can use Anadil against him, and c) Anadil can be a Death Eater if she stays.

He's more worried that one day he has to hurt Anadil for the Dark Lord, their mission was clear from the start, be a spy, in both sides.

Ever since Dumbledore stopped him at his first attempt with the locket he finally agreed with Albus Dumbledore's terms for him, and now here he is far away from England and it's troubles.

Regulus closed his eyes and heaved a sigh, then checked his watch, he smiled to himself before apparating.

Ones he was at the apparition point he causally leaned at the wall and waited for Anadil and Draco.

As he was waiting he heard voices, two voices, and he's familiar with it.

"That's bullshit Pads" The first one said.

'James, and Sirius, but why?'

"No it's not!" Sirius protested, Regulus stood up straight and listened to their conversation.

"Look", James said, Regulus doesn't know what's happening with the two, but it was clear they're in some sort of row, "Regulus is the only person we can go to" He heard James said, he was shocked, what does James mean? And why is he involved?

"No—"

"Sirius, listen to me, Mate, Remus wouldn't want this, he wouldn't want you to take your daughter away from the person who she grew up with, please, for ones listen to us" James said.

'I was correct' Regulus said to himself, he was filled with anger how dare him, he did everything, and from what he heard he just got his theory answered.

Regulus went out into the open and played with his wand, then he cleared his throat, and that made the two look at him, James ans Sirius turned and they were both shocked to see him.

"So making amends with your brother just to use him, that's a move of a coward, asshole" Regulus said as he tightened his suit.

Regulus walked pass the two, and straight to platform 9 3/4.

"Screw the fucking plan" He muttered, while he was walking someone tapped his shoulder, he stopped and turned to see James Potter.

"If you're here to explain—"

"Regulus, Sirius is a dickhead" James said and that caused Regulus to chuckle.

"Well, it's a good thing we agree on something" Regulus said and James smiled.

Awkward silence filled the two, Regulus smiled at him then left, ones he made it past the barrier he waited for the two, until they finally showed up, 'course Draco inside the invisibility cloak.

One look at Regulus it was clear to Anadil that they shouldn't ask questions, and just go with the flow, Draco and Anadil followed him out of the platform, and went to the apparition point, no one said a word on the way there.

But something peculiar happened Regulus told them that they're waiting for a cab. And this time Anadil was dreading to ask him her burning question.

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked, Regulus turned to her, then he said clearly and sternly.

"12 Grimmuald Place" When the words came out of his mouth Anadil's eyes widen, why on Earth where they going to that bloody house?

"May I ask why?" Draco said still under the cloak.

Regulus sighed, and turned to the two, "Look, I'm not so cocksure about this, but we have to, I'll tell you the story when we get there, I promise" Regulus said and the two nodded.

"Draco I need you to keep the cloak on, even if we're inside the cab, am I understood?" Regulus asked and Draco nodded.

"Sirius" Regulus said coldly, when he saw his brother in front of him.

"I think I know the problem" Draco whispered and Anadil nodded.

Before Sirius can say something a cab arrived, "Well, we'll see you soon" Regulus said and ushered the two in, Of course Regulus had bewitched Anadil's trunk and it was small enough to fit in his pocket.

Ones the driver asked them where they were going, Regulus commanded that he just needs to drive, and that made Anadil and Draco confused.

Draco was still under the cloak when the cab stopped, and they were greeted by number 11 and 13.

"Ready?" Regulus asked as the block started to shift, then they saw number 13.

Draco was going to knock, but Regulus stopped him, "Don't knock, Mother's portrait will wake up and we don't want her blabbering about all the things that we should do" Regulus said and Draco opened the door.

"It's a good thing that blasted thing's off" Draco said as they started to walk to the kitchen.

Anadil laughed, but then she turned to Regulus, "What happened?", Anadil asked, and now Draco's interested as well.

With a sigh Regulus told them everything that happened leaving the part where he almost hexed Sirius at the station, but he told the two about Sirius visiting.

"Well, what's got your knickers on a twist then, Uncle Reg?" Anadil said and Regulus sighed.

"It's not easy to trust him anymore" He said, and Anadil understood him.

"He promised to be back, but he never did", Draco said and Regulus nodded.

"Well, I'll ask Kreacher for Dinner, the two of you can pick a room up stairs — well Draco can pick" Regulus said and the two nodded before leaving him alone.

Ones the two were gone, Regulus sat on a chair at the kitchen and he looked down, only one thing can calm him down and that's to smoke, but he promised himself that he'd stop, he shaked the thought away, and called Kreacher, who was excited and happy to know that Anadil and Draco's with Regulus.

———

:))