Chapter 61

Three days has passed, when Regulus brought Anadil to a death eater meeting, he was proud of himself. He's on his way to a Order Meeting and by order meeting it means, a few selected people that Dumbledore trusts.

Regulus was casually walking on the sidewalk, hand in his pocket when he saw Mary waiting for him in front of 11 and 13, he smiled before running to her and giving her a hug and a kiss, Mary chuckled at this gesture, but smiled.

Regulus held her hand, then he remembered Anadil's mission, he wants to tell Mary and he'll do it, she's a person he trusts and well she's his girlfriend, "I have to tell you something", Regulus said, he looked at both sides to see if anyone's listening, but he remembered the rule he gave Anadil, and this time it's helpful.

"What?", Mary asked intrigued, Regulus gave her a playful smirk.

"I'll tell you in my room after the meeting", He said as he kissed the top of Mary's hand.

The two of them, stood in front 11 and 13, and just like it always is, the houses shifted and 12 came to view, he and Mary wasted no time and went inside the house, they already heard shuffling down at the kitchen, when they enetered they saw, a small group let's say fifteen to twenty members of the order was there.

Mary and Regulus sat a few seats away from Remus, Remus looked at Regulus with a pointed look, Regulus knew the meaning of it, so he smiled. It took a full minute before Remus caught on, so he smiled back.

Sirius caught this little exchange and got curious, he was about to ask, but Dumbledore spoke, "A wonderful evening to all of you".

"A couple of insiders told me about an attack", Dumbledore said and the lot straightened, obviously listening intently to Dumbledore.

Regulus looked at Snape and Snape nodded at him, and again Sirius noticed this exchange, and narrowed his eyes at the two, "May I add that we have a new addition to the Order", With Dumbledore's statement Sirius stopped looking at the two.

"Who's the new recruit?", Tonks asked and Dumbledore chuckled.

"For now the identity of the new member will be a secret", Dumbledore said as he glanced at Remus, Regulus, and Snape.

Regulus closed his eyes, but smiled it was a bit bitter, "Is our new member anyone we know?", James asked and Dumbledore smiled.

"That will be revealed in another time Mr. Potter, for now I'd like you — Arthur to guard our greatest weapon, James, and Sirius will be with you".

This caught Regulus and Snape's attention, they were about to speak to Dumbledore, but he dismissed the meeting and left, Regulus went to Snape, it was obvious that he's in a hurry, Mary went to him, "Is there anything wrong?", Regulus only smiled and shooked his head.

"Our conversation has to be moved, I'm sorry darling", He said and Mary smiled and nodded.

"Do your thing"

Regulus smiled and hugged Mary, he loved how understanding she is.

As Regulus let go, he made his way to Snape ones more, "We have to be there".

"How exactly?", Snape whispered, Regulus looked around the room, no one was paying attention to them so with a quick nod of his head he and Snape used the fireplace to get out of the safe house.

Little did the two know, them leaving wasn't left unnoticed by Sirius Black.

Sirius heard the location and has a plan.

———

When Regulus and Snape flooed to Snape's office in Hogwarts, Regulus instructed him to lock the door, and make sure no one can enter the fireplace, Snape did everything that he was instructed to do.

Snape raised an eyebrow when he was instructed to block the fireplace, "Sirius can be a handful, I saw him looking at us suspiciously, and I know my brother he'll try to find out".

Snape nodded at the statement, Regulus gave him.

"We can tell the Dark Lord, she lacks training and we need to guide her through out the journey", Regulus said ones everything was secure, Snape thought about it for a while before nodding.

"Not a bad plan, but if he doesn't agree?", Snape asked with a raised brow.

Regulus had a mischievous smirk, "Well we can always be helpful to the Order", Snape sniggered, but nodded at the plan Regulus has.

Snape unlocked the door while Regulus unblocked the fireplace and it wasn't a surprise to see Sirius a couple of minutes after they unblocked it, "I'd like to know why you're here, but I don't waste my time with dogs", Regulus said while his back was turned at Sirius.

Snape was shocked with Regulus's remark, but he had a smirk, "Well I'll be going, some people don't know how to respect peoples privacy".

Regulus left, Sirius turned to Snape and raised a brow, "I know something's up, Snape. I have a hunch you know who's the new recruit", Sirius spat, but Snape only gave a smirk.

Sirius's eyes widen, "You do!".

"Yes, I know", He answered in his usual monotone.

He saw how curious Sirius is, "The answer's right under your nose Black, I suggest you leave", Sirius left, Snape's office.

For now they had time, they can save Anadil from the dreadful mission they gotten her into and they hope Mr. Weasley and Anadil wouldn't have to fight eachother, especially now that the Dark Lord trusts Anadil, not because of her cleverness, but because she stood up — she talked to the dark wizard without fear.

"We got her into this mess, we'll get her out", Snape told himself before he went out of his office.

———

Date and Time updated : December 31, 2021 (Friday) 3:27 pm

Authors note :

Advance Happy new year everyone! Thank you for reading, I'll try to update more!

-Wolfstar