Chapter 52

"Do you really have to?", Sirius asked for the nth time, today was the day, the day Anadil's going to do her mission.

Remus fished for the Adenosine from his pocket and gave it to Anadil, for some reason Remus didn't want Anadil to do it as well, "If my heart stops and it doesn't return in five, you know what to do", Anadil said with a smile.

"That will be better with syringe Ms. Black", Dumbledore said behind them the three turned and saw Dumbledore with Professor McGonagall and Oliver Wood, for some reason Anadil looked at Oliver shocked.

"If this is your last day, I have the right to see you, am I correct?", He asked with a slight chuckle, Anadil ran to him and hugged him, Oliver chuckled before patting her head, "But knowing you you'll come back safe".

McGonagall looked at the scene and sighed, "Ms. Black, you are risking your life", She scolded and Anadil smiled sadly at her, this wasn't the first McGonagall scolded her for doing something idiotic, but for Anadil this isn't idiotic, sparing two lives in the process is enough for her.

"If risking my life means saving two order members then that's good for me", Anadil said with a stubborn tone.

"They can just die", Sirius murmured, but they heard it.

"And I wish you're in Uncle Regulus's fucking position", Anadil said before giving the vial to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore swiftly had the adenosine inside the syringe, "This might sting", Dumbledore said Anadil looked at Sirius and Remus and gave her hand to the two, Sirius looked at it then back to his daughter.

"I may have outbursts from time to time, but I am still your daughter, and if this is the last time I'm seeing you I'd want to forgive you, I know I've been selfish, for not giving you a chance, so please just take my hand, please", She said Sirius and Remus took her hand into theirs and she smiled as Dumbledore injected the adenosine.

For a minute or two Anadil was still gripping their hands, but when she closed her eyes, she dropped their hands, "Ten minutes", Dumbledore instructed as he apparated with McGonagall and Wood.

Remus and Sirius did the same thing, hoping that for the ten minutes prior, someone would see her and it'll be all over the daily prophet that's all they want, Remus looked at his watch anxiously.

He was going to take another glance when Sirius held his arm, "Don't the more you look at your watch the more anxious you'll get, remember this is our Anadil, I'm sure she'll be safe".

But Sirius was just like Remus, he's also getting anxious, he keeps telling himself it's going to be fine, Anadil assured him and he believes in Anadil.

As he and Remus stared at the sky, Remus held his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

As Remus's watch started beeping, the couple looked at eachother before apparating back to Anadil, and to their dismay no one was there, Remus was about to check Anadil's pulse when, they heard a pop, the two hid at a corner, making sure that they won't be seen by the two strangers wearing black.

At first it was hard to see who the two strangers were, but when the two started a conversation Sirius immediately recognised the second voice, "The Dark Lord will be pleased with this news Lucius".

"Well I do aim to please Wormtail", Lucius Malfoy said with a snicker.

'Wormtail' with that nickname Remus and Sirius looked at eachother, clearly confused, but you can see the fury in their eyes.

"Do we need to bring her to the Manor?", Lucius asked, and they heard Wormtail laugh half heartedly.

"No we don't need to, this is enough proof for the Dark Lord, and we're his most trusted members", Wormtail said and that made Remus's blood boil, "A photograph I assume".

Lucius Malfoy conjured a camera and took a photo of Anadil lying on the ground, and as fast as they came, the quicker they were gone.

When the two were sure the two were gone, they immediately sprinted to Anadil's body, Remus checked his watch and his eyes widen, five minutes, they wasted five fucking minutes.

Remus reached a hand to Anadil's neck and felt no pulse, he was going to tell Sirius, but Oliver Wood ran to Anadil and started to do CPR, the four adults were shocked with the action, but let the boy do it.

"Hot water!", Oliver shouted, clearly panicking, McGonagall conjured a pot and gave it to the boy, Oliver immediately sprinkled some water to Anadil's body.

Oliver checked for a heartbeat, but there wasn't any, he started to do mouth to mouth, hoping that she'll breath again.

As he checked, he smiled in relief Anadil's heartbeat is back, Oliver took one look at the four adults looking at him and he smiled.

Sirius was having second thoughts about the boy, and for the first time, Sirius Black accepted the boy as family, Sirius took Oliver's hand then apparated with Anadil in her arms. They apparated exactly at the door of 12 Grimmuald Place, as Sirius opened the door he immediately ran to Anadil's room to make sure her daughter's comfortable, ones Oliver sets her down.

Ones Anadil was in her bed, Oliver sighed in relief, "Thank you", Sirius said and Wood smiled at him.

"It was my pleasure Sir", He said with a small smile.

It wasn't long when James, Lily, and the others barged in the room, one look with Anadil's condition, they knew she was prepared to risk her life.

"We saw Pettigrew", Remus said, James immediately looked at them with the mention of their murderer of a friend.

The person who killed his parents, "He's working for the Dark Lord, he was the one who saw Anadil, was he was with Lucius Malfoy", Remus continued.

Harry entered the room with the others, and saw the look on his dad's face, "They saw Pettigrew, again?", Harry asked and James nodded.

"We should give them space, for a moment", Dumbledore spoke, they looked at the Headmaster and nodded.

All of them will have to wait, Anadil hasn't woke up, but they know she will.

———

Authors note:

I'M BACK! For real this time, and it's not on-hold anymore so I guess more updates 👀

-Wolfstar