Chapter 2 - The Temple

Luz had missed the feeling of flying on the staff. It was truly an amazing experience, speeding through the air, the wind blowing in your hair, your crush holding onto your shoulders behind you. Wait, no. Luz thought as she blushed. She was glad Amity was behind her. Didn't mean to think of that.
Suddenly, Amity shouted to raise her voice above the flapping winds, "I think we're almost there!"
Luz had entrusted her with the map, because Luz herself needed to focus on flying.
"Are we?" Luz shouted back.
"Yeah! Also, Luz?"
"Yeah, Amity?"
"Would you mind going a bit slower?"
"Oh, sorry," Luz said as she slowed down. She must've really missed the feeling.
"Thank you....now I believe that we should start heading down, Luz," Amity said after making sure she still was intact.
Luz nodded and began their descent, slowly a large, mostly rectangular, ancient stone building came into view.
She came to a hard stop, landing the broom, and hopped off. She held out her hand for Amity to help her off, who blushingly took it and got off. Luz, also blushing, now realized they were holding hands and slowly retracted her hands. To break the silence, she said in an awkwardly cheerful voice, "Ha ha, that must be the temple, right?"
"Oh-um-yeah. You can check the map for yourself if you'd like." Amity handed the map to Luz, who looked at it and then up at the structure then back to the paper then back to the building. She did this several times before deducing, "Yep! This must be it!"
She and Amity silently walked towards the temple, up the steps and inside the large, stone doorframe. They noticed almost complete darkness.
Luz looked at Amity as though hoping for an answer but she simply shrugged. The two continued through the darkness, both slightly scared.
After a while of traversing through the continued darkness, Luz looked at Amity again, except there was nothing to look at.
Luz instantly became worried."Amity?" she called out.
No response.
"Amity?" she repeated.
Nothing.
"Amity!?"
Luz ran around, searching for the Blight. She couldn't find anything. She was so worried now. This was all her fault. She had asked Amity to come here. And now she was gone. This was all her fault.
Luz was crying now, running about the empty area.
"AMITY!?" she called out again, desperate for some response, even though she knew it'd be useless.
But she heard a voice.
"Luz?" The soft voice of Amity called. She sounded completely calm.
Luz shot up and looked around, extremely relieved. "Amity?"
She saw a purple flicker of hair in the distance, and bolted towards it.
Amity became closer and closer, eventually turning to face Luz speeding towards her.
"Oh, hey, Luz," she said, smiling. It was an odd thing to say to someone running at you, but Luz didnt have time to process it. She flung her arms around Amity, so happy she found her, except,
Luz went right through her and fell onto the ground.
Confused, she stood up to see Amity, who she just ran through, fading away. Genuinely fading away magically.
Luz shrieked.
She heard a voice call out her name, but she was so surprised she didn't hear it.
The voice called her name again.
"Luz?" The voice was desperate and scared. Luz realized,

This was Amity.