Chapter 4 - Exploration

"Luz!"
Luz heard Amity call out her name again in response.
Luz felt so relieved--yet also cautious. Could this be another ghost Amity? Luz decided to take her chances; the one she had just encountered didn't harm her.
She got up to her feet and headed towards where she heard Amity's voice.
"Amity?" Luz shouted.
"Luz!" Amity shouted back.
Luz couldn't help but feel like she was playing a game of Marco-Polo. Of course, Amity wouldn't know what that is, Luz thought to herself, continuing to traverse through the darkness.
They kept calling each other's names until eventually Luz spotted her.
"Amity!"
Amity immediately turned around to look at Luz. She looked shocked and worried, and Luz could tell by comparing her to the ghost Amity this was probably her.
"Luz!" Amity shouted back, looking so relieved. She began running towards Luz and hugged her, similar to how Luz did with the ghost Amity.
Luz hugged her back before they both processed the situation and broke apart instantly, blushing.
"I‐- what happened!?" Luz said immediately. "You just disappeared out of nowhere!"
"I don't know! You did too! And I swear to Titan, this places feels like there are walls closing in on us.
"I... I don't feel that," Luz said, bewildered. She looked around her, clearly checking for the walls.
"You-you don't?" Amity said, puzzled.
Luz shook her head.
"But-- I swear I can feel something right here!" Amity said and shoved her hand to where Luz only saw empty darkness.
But suddenly there was no empty darkness.
The place where Amity put her hand spread out with color, filling the supposedly empty room with... a room. It seemed almost technological. White, metallic-like walls, green markings on said walls, fancy lighting and several doors.
Clearly, Amity must've been somewhat right about the wall thing, as her hand was pressed against one of the newly formed walls.
"Woah," Luz said quietly at she stared around the room, gawking.
"What... just happened?" Amity slowly asked, removing her hand from the wall and observing the room as well.
Luz shrugged. "I don't know, but we must've done something right."
The two kept exploring, but now they could atleast see what was in front of them. They noticed doors on all of the walls. Luz picked a random door and decided they should go through it.
"What... is this place?" Luz said, not really talking to anyone in particular.
"I'm not sure," Amity responded as they continued up the gentle incline of stairs that was behind the door. Gentle, yet long. It finally gave Luz time to process everything. She felt so odd about this place. I mean, this is the Boiling Isles, everything here is weird. So why do I feel bad weird about this place?
Luz sighed. Maybe time will tell.