Chapter 9 - Hide

The room had gone dark again.
Fear jolted in Amity again, and clearly the same for Luz judging by how shook her face was. At least, she thought she was scared. It was very dark. They had both picked up on the concept of the darkness following the Farsearcher, so Amity immediately dragged Luz behind a cabinet, which they crouched behind, waiting for the footsteps to pass.
Wherever they were.
Actually, Amity couldn't hear the thundering footsteps anywhere. It was very odd. That was, until, she and Luz heard the sound of the Farsearcher barreling into the room. It had clearly heard Luz's "wow". Amity hoped they were safe here. I mean, the beast hadn't seen them when they were hiding behind the desk, so they were probably safe here.
She softly rested her head against the back of the cabinet, and stared at the wall she could barely see. She should've never came here, this thing would kill them any moment. But then again, if she weren't here Luz might've gone on her own. Maybe someone will come help them. I mean, there is Eda. But maybe she won't come.
She probably would've come sooner.
Amity tried to take her mind off that and onto the beast. What was it? And could it see them? Maybe it's blind. It did seem to be smashing into a lot of walls. How were they supposed to escape? And, if they did, what if this monster escapes too? If that's the case, how are they supposed to defeat it?
Clearly, Luz was thinking the same thing, because, before Amity even realized it, she had gotten up and shouted, "Take this!"
A massive icicle spike erupted from presumably a glyph Luz got, stabbing the Farsearcher directly in the face. The room glitched back from darkness to light, and it was only now Amity had realized she had impulsively lunged for Luz, but stopped herself midway. She took a moment to breathe and stare in shock at the stabbed Farsearcher (who's body was twitching whilst impaled against the wall), before turning to Luz and shouting, "Why did you do that?"
"I dunno, I thought it was a smart option and it clearly worked," Luz added, staring at the monster.
"Well--yeah--but- you could've gotten hurt! What if that didn't work?"
"Well, it did, and I also say we get out of here before it works itself free," Luz said, clearly not wanting to stay in the same room as it.
"Yeah, you're right. Come on, let's-- LOOK OUT!" Amity yelled, for the beast had molded itself out and was lunging for Luz. Amity dived and pushed her out of the way, causing the monster to catch her instead.
"Amity, no!" Amity could hear Luz yell, but she couldn't see anything. It was the same feeling as Grom penetrating your thoughts, but so much worse and a lot more painful, except her mouth was shut closed. She had no control over her body except feeling pain and hearing muffled noises of the outside world. She heard a stabbing noise and a giant thud, and suddenly she was released from the imprison of her own body.
She felt herself fall to the floor, but everything hurt so much already that she didn't even notice the pain. She could at least hear Luz again.
"Amity!" Luz shouted, and her blurry face came into view. Amity felt like she was waking up from a long nap almost. A long, long, painful nap.
Luz's image got clearer.
"Amity are you okay!?"
Amity got a cough out before finally saying, "Yeah."
Luz stared at her for a second before saying, "No you aren't. I'm taking you out of here, I'm so sorry I ever asked you to come here in the first place." Luz scooped up Amity and Amity was extremely grateful. She felt so sapped of energy.
She could hear Luz gasp and look down at a figure in the hall of the staircase.
"Eda?"
Amity turned her head, and, in fact, Eda the Owl Lady was there. She had come.