Chapter 8 - Look

King desperantly banged on the forcefield, meanwhile Eda paced around in circles, thinking.
After what felt like forever (King was now lying on the floor, sobbing) Eda deduced, "Looks like we'll have to look for another way in."
"Where are we gonna find that, though?" King asked, looking disbelieving.
"I dunno, maybe there's a hole in the wall or something. Whatever there is, we need to find and save Luz," Eda said, and hopped on her staff. Eda was glad Luz and Amity didn't take it inside with them. King clambered on as well, and the two flew around, looking for an opening.
It took them a while, but eventually Eda spotted a gap in the roof that was oh-so high. She dove towards it only to rebound off of another forcefield.
"What the-"
The staff had began automatically flying itself back to the entrance.
"Well, that's certainly odd," Eda said.
She got off and noticed the entrance was dark again. She raised an eyebrow and went to inspect it.
She passed right through, no forcefield.
She looked back at King, who was shaking his head, clearly motioning he didn't want to come. Eda groaned. The area was pitch-black.
Eda held up her hand in front of her face. She could barely see it. She walked around the dark, empty, room. It was odd room. It seemed almost infinite, foggy. She wasn't sure how to describe it.
She peered about the room cautiously. She could sense something dangerous was here. Or maybe she was just paranoid. That was, until, she heard footsteps. Loud footsteps. Like some kind of giant monster.
"Show yourself!" she shouted and spun her staff, getting ready to attack. Her eyes darted across every inch of the room.
The footsteps got louder. And faster. It sounded like it was running.
Suddenly, a huge, faceless beast on four legs came rumbling forward, at such a speed Eda had jumped out of the way just in time. The beast crashed into the wall. It backed up and shook its head.
Eda stayed silent. Maybe it wouldn't see her.
Surprisingly, the monster stopped in its tracks. This was because it had heard a noise, and Eda had heard it too.
The sound of a teenage girl saying one word.
"Wow."
Eda had immediately recognized this voice, but the monster had already gone barreling after Luz. Eda had found out one thing, though.
This monster seems to react only to sound.