2.17

chapter 17, act 2

   we got home at around 16:00 (4 pm)

   we got home at around 16:00 (4 pm). most of the day was spent at the beach. we went out for lunch at some casual ocean restaurant and then went back to the beach. then finally, we went home.

   thought of what happened with akito still filled my mind. what if he found me out? what will happen when I get home? I groaned to myself and run my hands across my face.

   everyone was sitting in the kitchen and talking while I was sitting on a windowsill- looking out onto the beautiful night scene.

   "hey,".

   I lift my head back to see Kenma approaching me, "oh hey,". "what're you doing here? we're all in the kitchen,". he sat on the windowsill beside me and draped a blanket across his shoulders.

   "It's been a long day, I needed a break from everyone," I smile sheepishly. he gave me a look of disbelief but i shrugged it offs

   "ok. I'll join you,". I hummed in response.

   we sat in silence for a little until he spoke up again, "you know," I turn to look at him, "I don't know anything about you. pretty hard to be friends with someone I don't know,".

   I laughed slightly, "true! well, what do you want to know?".

   "any siblings? what do you do when you're not working? favorite color?".

   "I have a sister that's going into her first year of high. a younger brother who will be in his first year of junior high," I tell him. he nods in response, I continue to talk about myself without even thinking that he might have just wanted the short answer.

   "I'm technically always working! if being on Twitter and social media counts. other than that I'm texting you guys or hanging out with Akito,".

   "Akito?".

   "oh! that's my boyfriend." I rub the back of my neck out of embarrassment before laying my head against the hard, cold glass.

   "I didn't know you had a boyfriend,".

   I shrug a bit, "never asked. we don't really talk about him. no one really seems to like him.". "do you like him," his eyes seem to penetrate my soul. instead of making me uncomfortable, it gave me a wrong feeling of safety.

   I never did realize how handsome kenma was. he has soft-looking skin and his hair looks so clean and smooth, the opposite of the typical greasy-haired streamer. thinking these thoughts made me feel terrible and like I was betraying Akito. I'm scared of how he will react even though I know he can't read my mind.

   "I like him. We've dated for 2 years. once we moved in together I saw a lot of sides of him I didn't see before. I think that made me like him more? it's complicated.".