3.24

chapter 24, Act 3

   waking up in a bed other than mine was surprising

   waking up in a bed other than mine was surprising. I almost forgot about the events of the day prior. Sadly, I remembered after i fully woke up. Puffin was curled up on the spot next to me on the guest bed.

   it didn't feel wrong being in kenma's house. I felt safer than I ever felt in my own home which says a lot. Unexpectedly, I was hoping kenma would be next to me.

   "God, I'm such a bad person!" I groan and stuff my face into the pillow. 'i just broke up with Akito and I'm already thinking about someone else? what's wrong with me..".

puffin stretches and starts to paw at my head, urging me to get up. "ok buddy I'm up!". I sit up and hold him in my arms. he rests his paws on my collarbone and licks my chin softly. "I'm so glad you are safe. I would die if something happened to you,".

I nuzzle into his head and hold him close. I had him before I even met Akito so I always felt like I had someone with me who knew what I was going through.

I step out of bed and stretch my limbs, "let's go eat," I stepped out of the room and we both walked down the steps to the open kitchen. "good morning Kenma Kozume,",

   he nodded, "good morning (Y/N) puffin,".

   "That smells really good. I didn't expect you to be the cooking type." I laughed and sat at the table in the kitchen. "well I do have quests over. Bye the way, i went out and bought your cat food. my cat's food is prescribed so they can't share,".

   "thanks a lot, kenma, you didn't need to do that,".

   "well i assumed going back to your house to get stuff would be traumatic for you,".

   contradictory to the way he acted before, he was kind. he thought things through. "kenma, i don't want to seem like i'm leading you on, but can i move in? ,".

   he turned to look at me while continuing to cook the food. i took in the sight of his handsome face for a few seconds before finishing my statement, "it's not leading me on. we will be roommates.".

   He took a deep breath and gulped while turning away from me, "besides, it would be traumatic to go back to your own apartment, right?".

   i nod my head. The food sizzles in the pan as he tosses it onto the white plate on the counter. "would moving in be too fast?". He places the plate in front of me. the golden eggs and bacon smell so amazing I wouldn't believe that he doesn't cook often.

   "I'll get your stuff with kuroo later. you can move into the guest's room," he said while stuffing food into his mouth.

   "Thanks, kenma,".

authors note