2.20

chapter 20, Act 2

    the night started swimmingly

the night started swimmingly. yachi and some of the guys were out on the dance floor while kenma, tsukishima, and you resided at the bar. "Can I get a tray of shots?" you ask the bartender and he nods.

   "you drinking those by yourself?" Tsukishima leans over toward you. "yup! unless you want to join?". he pushes himself off of the leather stool and began to walk away, "I don't want to be here for this train-reck" is the last thing he says before disappearing into the sea of people.

   the tray of shots is placed in front of you. the four shots are colors ranging from a like green to a dark maroon. kenma's gaze looks over the array of shots, "go ahead, take one,". he swipes a purple-colored shot and gulps it down quickly, "what the fuck is this," he shakes his head bitterly.

   "who knows,"

"it's disgusting," he states before going to grab another shot.

   a few mystery shots and tequila later, you and kenma are almost falling over drunk. your dress catches the seat as you step onto the hard floor. your feet are pulsing from the increasingly painful heels you were wearing. kenma looks over and pulled the back of your dress down where it had scrunched up.

   "Dance with me?" you said without giving him much of a choice. you pulled the sleeve of his black dress shirt; guiding him to the dance floor.

   the bystanders around you both would not have thought you hated each other a few months ago. you were sloppily dancing, while holding onto each other and laughing obnoxiously. "this is fun," your half-lidded eyes looked up at him.

   he hummed in response; holding your arms closer to his body and taking the rest of you with it.

   your laughter began to die down after a while of dancing. you felt the strong urge to go back and take more shots. But the sharp pain in your head advised otherwise. "your head hurts," you groan; leaning your forehead against his chest.

   His hand brushed against your hair before leading you back to our seat at the bar. you took your seats; laying your head on his shoulder in the process, "two cups of water please," he requested.

   you could feel his smile as he struggled to get his phone out of his pocket. "what are you doing?".

   "take a picture," then the sound of the camera clicking matched the flash on the screen. "i look silly. take another,".

   the phone drew closer to your faces and the flash went off once again, "that ones cute,".

   "yeah," he mumbled; zooming in on your face. "don't zoom in too much you'll see my acne.". he leaned back and squints like an old man who forgot his glasses. "i don't see any,". "I'm wearing makeup, idiot,".

   you take small sips of the water to try to relieve the spinning in your stomach. "can you send that picture to me?". He nods and messages you the picture. you smile as the notification appears on your phone. moments like this you cherished. in a world where Akito didn't exist, you would probably be with kenma. but youre so drunk, youre not thinking straight.