Prologue

"Sweethearts Since" is a story about young love. Actually, childhood friends who became lovers in high school. It had a cliche plot and nothing too interesting, but it was a good read. It was about Miyazaki Kei and the male lead, Takahashi Yuuji. The two were neighbors and played almost everyday. They went to the same school and did almost everything together.

One day, they got separated when Kei had to move away to another city for his father's work. Ever since that moment, Yuuji has been alone. Well, not literally alone, he still had friends around, but it wasn't the same without Kei.

BUT. They didn't fall in love there.

Yuuji only realized his feelings for Kei when Kei returned to his hometown and had a reunion with each other. And another reason as to what made these feelings stronger and more firm was because of Nakamura Shin, the Villain who was in love with Takahashi Yuuji. When Kei left, Shin took this opportunity to get close to Yuuji, to fill the empty hole in Yuuji's heart.

Needless to say, Yuuji was quite annoyed with Shin. Shin bothered Yuuji almost everyday and scared off his friends and girls who liked Yuuji. It was a mess. No matter how many times Yuuji confronted Shin to stop, he didn't. "If I can't have your love then no one else can!"

Shin said those words.

Then...Kei returned.

And everything turned into an even bigger mess. Shin was greatly jealous of Kei and did everything to hurt and ruin their relationship. Spreading fake rumors, fueling fights, even locking up Kei in the gym storage room and constantly bullying him. He does everything to ruin Kei's life.

But true love persists.

Yuuji always believed in Kei and defended him.

Of course he did.

Shin went insane after all his plans had failed and resorted to one last plan. Killing Miyazaki Kei. He lied to Kei about wanting to apologize to him one-on-one and managed to convince Yuuji not to come with him. They went to the back of the school and Shin apologized.

Oh yes he did. But not for his past deeds, but for Yuuji.

And he stabbed Kei.

But...As usual, nothing went as planned. Yuuji was worried and followed them secretly after a few minutes and saw Shin stab Kei. He knocks Shin out and managed to save Kei by bringing him to the hospital on time. Shin was jailed, Yuuji and Kei do the papapa and lived happily ever after. The end.

That was it.

That literally was it.

The lesson learned? Basically always believing in your friends and no matter what obstacles come in your way, you fight to keep your relationship strong because you love someone genuinely. No matter how many rumors or shit comes your way, you gotta fight it head on.

I, Nakajima Touma, have finished this novel.

And I...want to sleep.

I was forced. I was held hostage by my classmate and held at a gunpoint to finish this novel of hers. Yes, she wrote this. I read this in the classroom as she watched me read her novel. She's the type of person to suggest something to her friends and monitors them 24/7 to see their reaction and finish viewing her suggestion. You're not watching? Get ready for tape on your eyes.

So yeah, I read her book and went to bed and woke up to this:

"I want you to stop harassing my friends!"

"..."

Touma, well, Nakamura Shin blinked at the handsome and tall man. He...strangely looked like the male lead in his classmate's novel. Tall, blonde and blue eyes, exuding a bright and princely aura that can blind anyone. He was...definitely male lead material. Wait hold on to your breadsticks cuz' isn't this a scene from Sweethearts since!?

Nakamura Shin (Touma) looked from left to right and found a group of people behind the male lead. They were standing firmly with him as they glared at Shin. Some were cowering behind him and girls with teary expressions.

Oh shit. This is the scene where Yuuji had enough and confronted Shin for the first time. This is chapter 7 of the novel and day 3 of school. 10 more days before Kei returns and transfers to their school. After looking at the group behind Yuuji, he looked at the male lead himself and blinked.

"What?" Yuuji asked with an angry tone.

Touma internally chuckles. Yup, he sounds so annoyed.

"Can you please just leave them alone. They did nothing to you." Yuuji reasoned. "And please  leave me alone. I don't like you."

"Okay."

"Like I said, I don't like-Wait, what?"

"Okay." Shin replied simply and brought a hand to his mouth, yawning like a cat. "I'm going to leave now."

"H-Huh? Wait-"

Before anything could be said and done, Shin hissed at Yuuji. "I didn't get enough sleep last night. Leave me alone."

And with that, Shin scurried away. Everyone glanced at each other and whispered in confusion. Yuuji was frozen, mouth open and staring at the direction Shin left with wide eyes. He couldn't believe, well, nobody could believe Shin spoke to Yuuji that way. He never speaks to Yuuji that way! And did he just hiss!?

"What the..."

"He gave up that easily?"

"I didn't think he'd back down that easily..."

"You should've rejected him a long time ago, Takahashi."

The group of people behind said.

"What the hell."