Chapter 2: Just Like A Grumpy Cat

"Wake up."

Shin groans, feeling someone shaking him awake.

"...Wake up."

Shin snaps, sitting up and shouting. "What!?"

It was Suzuki Haruto, still unfazed and still one with a smile. Haruto chuckles and explains the situation to the grumpy Shin. "Are you really not gonna go to class?"

"That's what you woke me up for? The same question goes to you, jerk!"

"Aww, but what about your crush?"

"Eh?"

This time, Suzuki Haruto finally had a reaction other than smiling. Haruto's lips go downward as he tilted his head. "You know, Takahashi Yuuji?"

Shin finally realized. Shin had an annoyed face and lied back down on the bench. He answered. "I don't care about him anymore. I don't like him."

"...Really?"

"Really."

"Huh."

"Yeah...Is it that hard to believe?"

"Yeah."

"..."

Suzuki Haruto was a side character. He was kind of a love rival, but he wasn't serious about it. Haruto's personality is adventurous. He likes to tease other people and play around. He hits on Miyazaki Kei in order to annoy Yuuji and nothing else. He was basically the one who made Yuuji realize that he had feelings for Kei.

"Now let me sleep."

"Hmm...Are you heartbroken? Is that why you are here all grumpy and sleepy?"

"Leave me alone."

"I can't. I don't want to go to class and the rooftop is very nice."

"Then stay quiet so I can sleep."

"Okay. Rest well."

Huh, he backed down easily. Shin slowly closed his eyes.

"..."

Shin grumbled. "Don't pat my head."

"I'm trying to console you."

"I. Am. Not. Heartbroken."

"Okay, I just like patting your head. Your hair is soft."

"ARGH!!"

Shin pushed away Haruto's hand once again.

He really just wanted to sleep.

Haruto laughs, greatly amused and backed away. He decided to stop teasing and leave Shin alone to sleep. He turned around to look up at the sky and sigh. Something interesting is finally happening and I wonder where this will all go.

Haruto sat down on the floor and just watched the clouds go by. He lets time pass and before he knew it, the sky had turned orange. He looked at Shin who was still sleeping peacefully. Is this even considered a nap anymore? Haruto crouched in front of Shin once again and reached out his hand to tap the sleeping one's hair. He wasn't lying when he said Shin's hair was soft.

"Nn..."

"Oh?"

The one who always swatted his hand away, suddenly unconsciously leaned into Haruto's touch. "You remind me of a grumpy cat."

"..."

Haruto hums, petting Shin's hair. Shin let out a satisfied sigh.

"Hehe..."