Chapter 25: Recalling

"It seems like everything's okay now!" Kei brightens up, seeing that Shin had a better and more relaxed expression on his face. But the event that reassured Kei was when he saw Haruto walking Shin back to their classroom.

"Whatever you did Yuuji, it worked." Kei says.

Yuuji shrugs and smiles. "Can't believe it did."

He then looks at Shin cautiously. "I also can't believe he's letting me off."

"What did you even say to him in the first place?"

"It's nothing really." Yuuji replies.

"Yuuji, it's not nothing when Nakamura-kun literally jumped off his seat and sprinted to the rooftop I assume." Kei says, frowning and crossing his arms. Well, Kei wasn't going to push when he saw that Yuuji isn't budging at all. If Shin isn't reacting now or mentioning it, then Kei guesses that it's fine.

After classes, Haruto and Shin walked together to Haruto's house. They discussed that it was better to reveal their relationship as soon as they could and Haruto's parents already seem to be very open and accepting to it. Haruto secretly wondered about how Shin's parents would react, but he decides to talk about that issue with Shin later.

Today was a happy occasion and he did not want to ruin the mood.

As soon as they got home, they called Haruto's parents.

They gathered at the dining room, taking a seat.

Shin and Haruto explain their relationship calmly. Shin felt a little nervous, but he didn't have to worry once he saw Reiko's beaming expression.

"Ahh!! Congratulations you two!"

Reiko squealed, wrapping her arms around the boys. Meanwhile, Suzuki Jun was face timing from the phone on a table nearby and clapped his hands, making a happy noise.  Reiko hums in delight and pats their shoulders. "I'm so happy! Treat each other well, alright?"

"Of course!"

"Yes."

Jun calls, "I'm sorry I can't be there personally because of work, Shin-kun, Haruto."

"It's fine, dad."

"Mhm, it's okay Suzuki-san."

"I'll bring home some cake then. I'll see you guys later tonight."

And the call ended.

After talking a bit more, Reiko returned to her chores while Shin and Haruto spend time in Haruto's room. It was a simple and clean room but there was a corner with all of the other things Shin had given him, some were displayed and put away neatly. The hair accessories were inside Haruto's drawer. Even though the pink hair clip didn't match Haruto's outfit, he wore it anyways.

"Hm, I wonder how we'll explain this to my parents." Shin wondered out loud. Haruto looks at Shin, slightly surprised. The two sat on the bed at the corner of the room, resting their backs against the wall.

Shin sighs. "They're still my parents, they deserve to know..."

"We don't have to rush to tell them."

"I know..."

"So...are they against this kind of relationship?"

Shin was silent for a moment before answering. "I don't know, but I don't think they'll care. The reason why they let me do what I want is because they feel as that they don't have the right to tell me what to do or scold me. They've never been there for me after all."

"Shin...do you...want to rebuild your relationship with them?"

"I honestly think what we have for now is good enough." Shin says truthfully. "We're on decent terms and it's not that bad..."