Chapter 14: True Feelings

Haruto just finished with the bathroom and he walking back to his room. He hums a cheerful song as he walks past Shin's room. Please sleep peacefully Shin, you deserve it-

"Okay father, I'll live there."

Haruto froze right in front of Shin's door.

"...Good Shin, she'll see you soon."

"It's so far..."

"Don't worry about the move, I'll handle everything."

"..."

Live there? It's so far?

Is Shin...moving away?

"Thank you, Father."

Haruto couldn't hear the rest, but seems the phone call had ended. Haruto almost stumbled, so he leaned his back against the wall, processing what he just heard. Shin's...going to move away? All of the sudden?

"...Don't want..." Haruto whispers. "I don't...want that."

He moves away from the wall and marches straight to his room.

"Eh? Suzuki-san?" Kei calls, the first to notice the change of atmosphere.

"Going to sleep..." Haruto says quietly, crawling into his blanket.

"..." Kei looks at him, worried. He then looks at Yuuji, who shrugs.

What could've caused this complete change in a matter of minutes? They wondered.

In reality, Haruto wasn't actually asleep. He still thought about what he had heard a while ago.

Why is...Shin moving away affecting me this much?

At first, it was just curiosity. I thought he was heartbroken from getting rejected by Takahashi Yuuji and that's why he went to the rooftop that day, but in reality, he was just tired. His feelings for Takahashi Yuuji just vanished. It was truly a mystery.

And he wanted to know where this new Shin would go and what he would do. He wanted to see a story unfold. Haruto wasn't the type to get attached. He wasn't serious about most things and just liked to play around to see drama develop.

That was it.

He just wanted to see how things would play out.

How would Shin deal with this, how would the others react to the new Shin...

I was curious. It was just that.

I found him...fun.

But then, he couldn't leave him alone. He felt that it would be wrong of him to just leave Shin sleeping at the rooftop without going home, so he helped him. Then he saw how he reacted to Haruto. Shin's face when he reacted to Haruto giving him false directions, it was like Shin had seen a ghost or something, like Haruto had wronged him for generations.

It was amusing.

He...wanted more.

His reactions...I wanted to see more what actions he would take and what he could do. I wanted to see what kind of faces he would make if I teased him, but I got more than that. His little habits, his routine, likes and dislikes...

Then that happened...

Spilled strawberry juice, a scratch on the face and Shin who was genuinely worried.

"I'm sorry..." Shin said, cleaning the scratch. Haruto honestly didn't mind, but...

"Shin, it's okay."

"It's not."

"..."

"Does it hurt?"

"Nope."

"..."

Shin applied ointment then prepared the band-aid. He looks at the small wound again and frowned. Haruto could tell that Shin really felt guilty about what he had done and it seemed to really eat over Shin's mind. Haruto takes Shin hands and places Shin's warm palm on his cheek.

"See Shin? It doesn't hurt, didn't even flinch, yeah?"

"W-Wha..."

Shin turns red.

Haruto's eyes slightly widen at the sight. Cute...

"...Hehe, you're more redder than a strawberry. Am I that handsome, Shin?"

"S-Shut up!"

"Ow!"

Shin slaps the band-aid on the scratch.

"S-Sorry, but...also not sorry!"

Shin looks away, still red.

That was the scene where I realized...that I just want to be by his side. I was unconsciously aware of that fact, that's why I always stuck to him. I'm not embarrassed to admit that, but I feel like a fool for not realizing it sooner and just calling what I felt curiosity, because I couldn't understand what I was truly feeling.

Then that night happened. The test of courage.

He was hurt.

I didn't want that.

He called for me, not for Yuuji, not for Kei, not for a teacher, not anyone else, but for me. Just me. To me, it meant that Shin trusts me and I couldn't let him down. I wouldn't dare to. After that, Shin became more aware of me and started to do things for me. He didn't need to, but that made me really happy and...warm all over.

"You're...really attached." Yuuji said. "Do you like him or something?"

I do.

I...like Nakamura Shin.

I can't stop Shin from moving away, if that's what he wants, then I won't stop him. It's his choice and I'll respect that. If he's willing and happy to move, then I'll have to understand because his comfort comes first. But I can say something before he moves away.

And I'll tell him so I won't regret anything.

I want him to know the truth.

The reason why I help him, the reason why I care for him, I reason why I stay by his side.

Everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo....This chapter focuses on Haruto's feelings and no one else. Truly belongs to him.  Wahhh, I hope this chapter was good. I had a bit of difficulty describing feelings since I'm not so good at explaining my own feelings myself haha. Anyways, I hope this chapter conveyed Haruto's feeling well 。゚(TヮT)゚。

Anyways, thank you so much for reading and supporting my story! I'll see you guys in the next chapter.