Chapter 13: The Awaited Call

"Oh my goodness! What happened?"

It was their homeroom teacher's turn to fuss over Shin. They quickly treated Shin's leg. It was just a minor leg sprain and it will take a few weeks to heal, but Shin wasn't really bothered by it that much. However...

"Shin, let me carry you."

"...Mm. Carry me."

He was being treated like a newborn chick.

He...surprisingly didn't mind.

Kei and Yuuji returned together, carrying two flags. Damn, they actually found them. Shin hopes they had a good moment together as a future couple.

(What happened:

Kei cries, "Yuuji! The monster is hurt!"

Yuuji comforts him, "Kei, it's just a costume-"

The monster, "I'm not a real monster, Miyazaki-kun. I'm sorry for scaring you. Please forgive Sensei.")

"...You don't need to feed me. It's not like my hands are injured too." Shin said with a frown, taking the chopsticks from Haruto.

Haruto whined. "B-But Shin..."

"Haruto, I can do this by myself."

"Alright..." It felt like he scolded a puppy and now said puppy was pouting and lowering his gaze solemnly.

"..." Shin exhales. "Haruto, I'll let you carry me to bed."

"NOW!?"

"I'm still eating, be patient."

"Sorry!" He doesn't sound sorry at all.

"...Wait, have you been calling me by my first name all this time!?"

YOU'VE JUST NOTICED!?

"Eh!?" When Shin looked at Haruto's reaction out of curiousity, he was met with tears.

"Wahh...Shin..."

So dramatic!!

The people in the background. "..."

Yuuji wiping the food he spat out.

Kei, "Such beautiful friendship!"

Everyone: ...

After eating dinner, Shin took an early rest in a private room for himself. He didn't want to ruin the fun of the other students. Field trips were really important and is a great opportunity to create memories. So since Shin decided to turn in early and focus on resting, the staff prepared a small private room for Shin. If Shin was roomed with the others, Shin would feel guilty because they'd have to quiet and careful.

"Shin is so kind." Haruto hums.

"Shut up."

Haruto entered the room and gently lays Shin down on the futon, even tucked him in. "..."

Shin stared at him.

"What are you doing?"

"Alarm clock duty."

"You're really dedicated huh?"

"Only for you."

"Ugh, whatever..."

Shin turned around, back facing Haruto, who just laughed. "When you wake up, your eyes will be blessed with a very handsome face at your side."

"Just get your ass out of here already..." Haruto couldn't see it, but Shin was already flustered.

"Okay then, and Shin...about what you said earlier tonight...It's okay." Haruto said softly. "You never had to apologize in the first place and you don't need to repay me anything. The reason why I help you is...I don't know how to put it in words, but it's more of feeling, ya know?"