5 Times Robin Surprised The Titans

Summary: Five times Robin surprised his friends with skills or knowledge they didn't know he had.

1)  He's an Acrobat

    Robin had broken his leg in a motorcycle accident. Well, it wasn't much of an accident. Mammoth had slugged a lamppost right at him and knocked him and his bike straight into the side of a building. And now, here he was back at the Tower, his left leg encased in a red cast, scribbles in black sharpie from his friends' signatures running up and down its length.

   With said sharpie in hand, the teen wonder absently began scrawling complex math equations on any free space left on his cast. He'd occasionally use the opposite end to scratch the inside of it as far as it could go. That was the worst part about having a broken bone, in his opinion. Unreachable itches were the worst.

    The annoyance finally became too much, and he decided to go to the kitchen to find something with a longer reach. There was one problem however. The cast had virtually immobilized his left leg, and he was not in the mood to test his new crutches. The dark haired teen shifted his gaze to see if anyone was around, and he was grateful that the others were downstairs training.

    As natural as walking upright, Robin positioned himself so he was in a handstand and proceeded to walk on his hands towards the kitchen.

You can take a boy out of the circus...

    Unfortunately, he misjudged the amount of time it would take for the others to return. Upside down and solely focused on reaching his goal, he failed to notice the four metas gawking at him.

   Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy watched in total wonder as their leader casually used his hands as if they were feet. Sure, they knew he was flexible. He showed that often in battle. But for him to show such skill and balance outside of the battlefield was something they had never seen before, especially in such a natural way as he was doing now.

"Dude! How are you doing that?!" Beast Boy yelled.

Robin stiffened before tilting his head so he could see them.

"I'm an acrobat. Gymnastics is in my blood," he stated as though that was the only explanation they needed. It wasn't, but that was all they were going to get.

Since that day, the others began to take notice of how their leader moved, and they realized that very little of his time was spent with both feet on the ground.

2) He's a prodigy.

     Robin sighed tiredly and tapped his pencil on the side of his mouth. One of the curses of being a teen hero meant he still had schoolwork to do, and Batman would have his hide if he fell behind. So here he was, sitting at the kitchen table in Titans Tower, doing homework.

    At least it was calculus. It could have been something difficult, like English. Why did that language have to have so many exceptions to a rule? Math, at least, has a common pattern he can follow.

"All right!" Cyborg yelled, sounding fed up as he sifted through the mail, "Whoever keeps getting college letters better pick one soon, cause this is ridiculous."

Robin perked up at that. College letters? He knew Alfred had been sending his scores out, but he hadn't expected to be getting mail anytime soon.

Beast Boy ambled up next to his cybernetic pal and swiped a few of the letters from the deck. His eyes widened at the list of names.

"Dude! These are like, the biggest names around! Harvard. Yale. Wayne Tech. Vanderbilt. There's even some from Oxford and Cambridge in here!"

Robin coughed loudly in surprise. Blast it, Alfie! I told you I didn't want to go anywhere over seas!