Chapter 20: Will

A/N:

Uhh... oopsie... I forgot to update yesterday. Sorryyyyyy... *insert pout here*

Here's chapter 20~~~

Happy Reading!

Chapter 20

Will

I look at Laura. Callie just told us the good news and the bad news. The good news is that the photos and recording have been deleted from Tami's phone. The bad news is that Tami will not give up -- she's still plotting something big and bad.

"Well, that's expected.", Laura says. "She obviously wants to hurt me and Will. Well, mostly me. But, anyway, it's expected that she isn't going to give up so easily.".

"When you put it that way, it doesn't seem as pressing of an issue.", Callie smiles at Laura.

"I'm not trying to downplay anything. I just...", Laura sighs. "I feel like me and Tami will have one more showdown where either she'll win or me. And then it'll be over.".

"You'll win that showdown.", I say. "I know you will.".

Laura nervously looks down and Callie speaks up, "We will cross that bridge when we get to it.".

"Right now, we need to find out what Tami's plan is.", I pause, thinking. "Callie... you're Tami's roommate.".

"Are you asking me to spy on her?", Callie asks me with a monotonous tone to her voice.

"Um... if I said 'yes'...would you be angry?", I ask her.

She smiles and shakes her head, "Not at all. I can understand why I'm the best choice for the job. But, don't ask me to try to be fake best friends with her so that I can get information. One, there is no way I'll do that. Two, she'll find out within seconds. You've made enemies with Tami and she thinks that I'm on your side. There is no way she'll trust me the way she used to.".

Laura gives Callie a soft smile, "Are you sad about losing your best friend? Do you regret trying to help us?".

Those questions kind of make me nervous. What if she's just toying with me and Laura? What if she wants to go back to Tami's side?

Callie gives us a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, Laura, Will. I don't regret anything. I would have found out sooner or later that Tami is evil. It's already taken me a year and a half to realize it. I won't deny it now.".

I put my arms around Laura from behind her while she's still sitting in her chair. "It's nice to have her on our side, right Laura?".

"Dude. You have no idea how relieved I am to have a friend like her.", Laura then turns to Callie. "Sorry for the kindergarten question, but... we are friends, right?'.

Callie grins, "Yes, we're friends, Laura.".

----------

The day passes by smoothly. There are no more interruptions, and me and Laura spend the day inside our dorm room. Both of us keep checking our phone, looking at Kensingburg Daily. Although it sounds like a newspaper, Kensingburg Daily is actually our school's official forum. It's kind of like social media sites, in a way. All students have access to it and can post anything they want. Mostly, it's used for everyone to know the most recent gossip and talk about whatever they want.

Thankfully, there are no posts on Kensingburg Daily despite what Tami said. "This will make the front page of the Kensingburg Daily tomorrow morning.". Maybe because Callie deleted those pictures of Laura, Tami didn't post anything about Laura. She would need evidence to back up anything she wanted to say about the secret, and because those pictures were gone, she couldn't do that anymore. Whatever happened, me and Laura were glad.