Chapter 25: Laura/Nick

A/N:

Second update of the day. 

After this, three chapters are left. 

When I first started writing this story, I thought that it would be no longer than 20 chapters. I got to chapter 20 and was like, "I need more chapters!". So, I wrote more. I figured that everything could end by chapter 25 or so.

...Umm, this book has 28 chapters altogether. You can see how my original plan of 20-ish chapters went. 

Anyways, I'll let you read this chapter now. 

Enjoy!

Happy Reading~

P.S.: I just realized that, ever since the chapter where Tami found out the secret, all of Laura's chapters have said:

Chapter XX

Laura

Not:

Chapter XX

Laura/Nick

Did anyone else realize that?

I, for sure, did not until just now. 

I'll leave it like that, though, because it's a turning point and Tami is one of the most important characters in this story. :)

Chapter 25

Laura

This is a huge mess that we're in here. All I did was come to Kensingburg, posing as a boy, but this is what the result is.

"Does she actually know the real Nicholas Thompson?", I ask.

"She doesn't just know Nicholas Thompson.", Mr. Hendry Jr. answers. "She met him a few years ago and they formed a close bond almost instantly. She would do anything for him and vice-versa.".

"So, when she found out that the Nicholas Thompson here at Kensingburg isn't the real one, she vowed to take revenge for him.", Coach North explains.

"How do you know that?", Eddie asks.

"There are cameras everywhere at Kensingburg. Nothing goes by unnoticed.", Mr. Hendry Sr. responds.

"The best thing for Laura to do now is leave -- leave the hockey team and leave Kensingburg. You can continue those online courses as Laura Thompson, but it's best for you if you don't show your face on campus, whether it's as Laura or as Nick. Tami has seen both your faces, and she won't let you off the hook until she gets her revenge.", Coach North suddenly states.

"You want Laura to leave?!", Will exclaims.

"Isn't that the same as giving up?!", I add. "Me leaving would give Tami exactly what she wants. She knows that I really wanted to be part of the hockey team. Me leaving would exact her revenge!".

"But, you would be safe.", Eddie quietly begins. "Leaving is a safer choice than approaching her and getting hurt.".

"Eddie! Since when are you a quitter?!", I blow up. "In my entire life, you've never given up on anything. Least of all bullies. And now... and now...".

Now, I have tears rolling down my face. Will wraps his arms around me, hugging me, comforting me. My hands clutch the sides of his sweater as I bury my head in his chest, trying not to let anyone see my tears.

"Laura, it's for your protection.", Eddie counters.

I push away from Will for a second and scoff, "What can a twenty year old girl possibly do that will hurt me so much that I would absolutely give up on everything?!".