TWO

[ where the hell are you
oh, when i need you ]

__________

AVIA

"Avia? Av? Honey?" My mum's voice rang out. But I was too out of it to hear her, my mind travelling to Caleb once again. I needed him badly but I knew he wouldn't come back. He was gone and I needed to accept that.

"You have the McLaren Technology Centre to go to soon, Jules you have the evening slots at the studio, Av, you have group at seven thirty and I have a date with a guy who seems nice but y'know kinda boring on eharmony so let's hope he's nice and kind of interesting in real life."

__

"Hellooo?" I called out as I made my way through the front door. I had finally dragged Caleb to come see my family.

I walked into the kitchen and was greeted by my sister Jules who engulfed me into a hug. "Hiiiii. Good morning."

I watched as she moved onto Caleb, him picking her up like she weighed nothing. I smiled at the sight. "Ahhh you're here!"

He chuckled before placing her down on the ground. "Hey, I've gotta show you something funny." And with that she made her way over to the table which seemed to have some sort of cards on them.

"Look at what mum made."

"Nooo." I exclaimed.

"Wow." I heard Caleb say.

Me and my sister burst out into a fit of giggles as my mom approached us. "What? What's so funny?"

She made her way over to the table that we were all crowded around as she realises what we were laughing at. "Hey! That's not cool, I don't make fun of your stuff."

"Mom, if you don't want people to laugh at your vision boards don't put so many healing crystals." I quietly laughed to myself at my sisters comment.

"They are not vision boards, they are soul collages."

"Oh!" I exclaimed, sarcasm evident in my tone. "Right, of course!"

"Cool, I think these are very cool. What's the story?" Caleb asked.

"Thank you." My mother said, making her way over to Caleb. "You collage a card for each aspect of your soul and then you use the card to answer your life questions. So it's sort of like a personalised Tarot Deck."

"Oh my god. You gotta stop being a parody of yourself." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't subscribe to my belief system, that's just fine, but you, you give some respect words do. Everything I have accomplished in my life is the result in believing that I could create my own reality and that includes raising both of you by myself and running my own business. So, make fun of my magic but be respectful of it."

"I mean, I hear that."

"Thank you Caleb! He is my favourite." My mother explained, giving him a hug.