SIXTEEN

[ i'm just thinking 'bout you, i'm
thinking 'bout you, i'm thinking 'bout you ]

__________

AVIA

I sat at the kitchen table, unwrapping the Christmas present that my husband had given me. "Omg, I am obsessed with this!" I squealed, as a brand new Cannon Camera came into view.

"I just thought it'd be a good idea especially if you want to come to races with me. You'll be able to capture some of the most mesmerising moments." Caleb smiled at me. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I embraced the love of my life, whispering 'thank you's' into his ear.

"You're welcome. Okay, you're up now." He smirked.

I skipped out of my chair, wearing a green t-shirt paired with red and black chequered pyjama trousers. Caleb followed pursuit, gently pulling the wrapping paper off.

"Oh. Woah. This is for....what exactly?"

A laugh escaped my lips, "Read it."

I watched as Caleb picked up the piece of paper and read over it, "Oh my god. Av, you didn't!"

"Cause, do you remember at the solstice thing you said that you wanted to drive for McLaren? Well, now you can. It's all signed by Zak. You're now a McLaren F1 driver" I smiled.

It all happened so quickly and before I knew it, I was lifted into the air and spun around by Caleb as he kept thanking me over and over again. He finally placed me down on the floor, scratching his head before speaking up. "Ah that is crazy you remember that."

"Yeah, I take all that inner child stuff seriously. Plus, unlike my mom's past life regression bullshit, the inner child thing is actual psychology."

"Well, I hope that past life stuff is real because your mom said that she and I were Vikings, Gladiators and something else. Medieval assassins. I mean...." We both erupted into a fit of giggles.

"Can I just say one more thing about my gift?"

"Yes go ahead."

"Do you really like it?" I grew nervous and started fiddling with my hands.

Caleb sent me a sympathetic look, "Of course I do, it means the absolute world to me. And I finally get to test in two months so it gives you an excuse to use your camera." He smiled as he gently bopped me on my nose, resulting in me letting out a little chuckle.

I leaned in and placed a delicate kiss on my husband's lips. This Christmas would be remembered for many years to come.

_