| 𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖝 |

𝖚𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖉𝖔𝖝 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖚𝖘𝖚𝖆𝖑, 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑, 𝖔𝖗 𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖉

He barely slept. He knew that no one would kill him in here but the mercenary in him screamed at every chance. Not to follow this guard. Not to listen to the king. To escape and take his sister with him far far away. Hell, the dwarves would probably take him in in retaliation to the elves.

It wasn't unusual for him to go nights on little hours of sleep. He just hoped he wouldn't this time. A loud knock catches his attention, "Yes?"

"May I come in?"

Felimid thinks for a moment, "Who is it?"

"Name's Thronal. I'm King Vaeril's royal advisor."

"Come in."

The man enters and right off the bat the younger man notices his age. Much older than him for sure, and that's not speaking on how elves have longer lifespans.

"Good morning, Felimid."

"Morning. May I ask the reason for your presence?"

The elder man chuckles, "Of course. Vaeril told me you were a head-strong one. I'm here to tell you you will be needed by the king in an hour. There is a washroom over there, one of the guards will take you to see him."

"What does he need with me?"

Thronal smiles, "Only to talk some things over with you, of course..."

"I can tell by the look on your face that you're curious. Since I'm stuck here...what's on your mind?"

"A mercenary?"

The human nods as he enters the washroom to use the water given as the other man talks to him, "I am. I assume that's the basis of your questions."

"Only slightly."

"Ask away. If I do not wish to answer I won't, though."

Thronal nods, "I expected nothing else based on what the king told me."

"And that was?"

"He put it in a way that made me realize you were more than you seem..."

Felimid comes out and raises an eyebrow, "It was almost him saying he can tell you have more to your character than what is presented in your appearance."

The brunette nods slowly, "I suppose he's right. Now. What do you wish to know?"

He disappears into the room once again with new clothes, "How long have you been doing...it for?"

"Twelve years now."

That surprises the advisor, "You had to have been younger."

"Ten and six to be exact. I started training a year before that before I actually started the job."

The fact saddened the elf, seeing as he has already had a lifetime of death on his shoulders, "Do you work for someone specific?"

Felimid laughs, "If I did I wouldn't tell you. But since I don't...I have worked for many people. They all know each other or find out about me some way or another."

"Does that mean you've been put against the people you work for?"

Felimid hesitates, "I try to stay away from jobs that cause that type of damage. I kill people. Not cause inner turmoil."

"I feel like that's part of the job description, don't you think?"

That made the man think for a moment, "I can understand why you're the advisor and not me."