| 𝖊𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖈 |

𝖊𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖈 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊

"Do you think it's too much?"

Vaeril's voice echoes towards the human on the other end of the room. The mercenary turns his attention to the king when he's called, "Too much what- Oh!"

There the king stood, a royal robe over his usual wear. Yet only this time he was wearing something extremely bright.

Felimid chuckles, "What's the occasion?"

"My uncle is coming to visit later. I need to look my best for him."

The human nods slowly, "This is looking best in his opinion?"

Vaeril sighs, "He's a little eccentric, or old fashioned if you want to say."

"Ah."

The human can say no more on the matter considering he didn't know any of his extended family or had any around long enough to care that much of their opinion, "You need some help?"

The king's hair whips around dramatically when he scoffs. Felimid rolls his eyes while the king sighs, "I apologize it's not you."

"I know," Felimid walks in front of him, "But clearly this uncle of yours is a problem if you care this much about the visit..."

Vaeril nods, "I suppose he is. He's always been like this even in my youth."

"Oh. Is he from your mother or father's side?"

The king sighs, "My mother's. Even in my youth, they weren't the closest of siblings. He married a rich woman and moved to the coast where he divorced and married three more times, all the women being younger each time."

Felimid almost chuckles at the thought, "Fun man."

It was more of a whisper but the king could slightly catch his voice, "Could I ask you to..."

He can't quite finish his thought, "You want me to get dressed properly?"

Vaeril turns to him with a slightly sad look, "I don't mean to be rude to you-"

"Vaeril." The king stops freaking out for a moment, "If I had the clothes to do so, I would,"

"Ah. Ah!"

He shakes his head, "Then won't you accompany me to the tailors?"

Felimid scoffs, "I'll just stay out of the way."

"He knows about you."

"He does?"

"Thronal sends him letters to inform him of how things are going. He mentioned he wanted to meet you..."

"Oh," Felimid nods, "Alright then."

Vaeril sends out a spew of different apologies, not knowing until later on that Thronal had mentioned him.

"It's really not that much of a big deal. Wait. What exactly did Thronal tell him about me?"

The king smiles but only lightly, "Not so much the mercenary for hire part. Only that you're in charge of keeping me alive."

"So a personal guard?"

Vaeril nods then turns to take him into the large room. Women and men stand around and they all turn to the man.

"King Vaeril! What brings you here?" An older woman walks up to him and smiles.

She's beautiful, Felimid notices. Her hair was a light orange with grey streaks from her growing age. Her figure was tall and lean but she had a healthy weight on her.