| 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖞 |

𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖞 |𝖛| 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖚𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖑𝖞, 𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖕𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖑𝖞𝖘𝖎𝖘

Vaeril awoke the next morning having no recollection of what he did the day beforehand. It was rather odd. He had a rather good memory. Following his routine as usual he decided to stay in the water for a longer time, trying to collect all of his thoughts together.

For some reason, the feeling of dread washes over him. Then Felimid comes to mind. But why? He figured the mercenary was where he usually is: in his room until he comes to the library.

For once, the king felt no need to dress up. He didn't bother putting on something "put together". He did grab a coat from his closet, however. The weather keeps getting colder with the upcoming winter. Yule was always a good time for him minus the fact his parents are no longer here.

Exiting his room, he heads to that very library. The king wanted to ask Felimid about his earlier behavior. Did he say something wrong?

His steps hit against the wall and they echo right back up to his ears, it was almost a pleasant feeling. Being ready for the day was always a good thing but today felt wrong. He decided to ignore it. Maybe it was just a false feeling.

The door before him in the hall opens and a being walks out. They don't look at him at first, and a small pile of books blocks his view.

"Asava?"

She squeaks and almost drops the book. The top one slips but Vaeril is quick to catch it before it falls to the floor, "You couldn't take two trips?"

A small chuckle exits her mouth. Letting her arms fall a little lets her face appear from behind the book, "If I can do it in one swoop then why do so?"

The king rolls his eyes, "You always we're a stubborn one. You and Felimid both, really."

She flinches, "You seem happier today."

He looks at her and raises an eyebrow, "What?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it."

Vaeril looks at her. She was frightened. She was frightened by him. Why?

"It's fine, Asava. Where is Felimid by the way?"

The elf sets the books down on the small decorative table in the hall and looks at him, mouth agape, "Are you serious?"

His hands come up and move with the confusion on his face, "Oh."

"Have I said something?"

"You could say that..."

"Asava?"

"Yes?"

"I don't remember anything from yesterday other than being with Ezel. What happened? What happened to Felimid?"

Asava sighs, "Vaeril. I don't even know if you would believe me..."

"Asava! Tell me what happened."

The female nods slowly, "You got mad at him. You told him some...choiceful words and locked him in the dungeons."

He looks at her and processes that, "What?"

She nods once more, "I wish I was telling you a joke, but he's really down there."

"I don't remember that."

"I figured. You did it yesterday morning."

Vaeril lets himself lean against the wall. His legs give out and he slides all the way down, "Vaeril? Are you alright?"