| 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖉𝖊 |

𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖉𝖊 |𝖓| 𝖆𝖓 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖆𝖑 𝖆 𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖔𝖗 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞

Felimid almost laughed when Thronal wanted to go through the front gate to enter the town. The human turned to him and let a palm rest on his face for a moment, "Exit through the front gate?"

"Yes? Why wouldn't we?"

"Exit through the front gate?"

Thronal looks confused for a moment and then it dawns on him, "Oh."

A chuckle echoes towards him, "Oh is right. Come on, we're going through the back."

The elf knew the entire castle from top to bottom but was surprised when the human was able to figure it out and remember so much of the castle for only being there for a short time.

"Do you have a good memory or something?"

They both duck underneath a large panel, "You could say that. I'm just good at memorizing paths, not so much the look of said path. It's a memory thing, for sure, but I just remember where my legs go, not so much of what's around me."

"Ah," Thronal steps over another bucket before they exit the alley, "I see why you're so good at your job then."

The mercenary smiles, "I'll take that as a compliment."

Thronal gives him a look, "I sort of meant it as one."

Felimid looks at him and nods, "Well, thank you. Not many compliments come from my line of work."

"Considering what it is, not many would."

The human snorts, "I know that. It's not like I take pride in knowing I kill people for a living."

"You don't?"

The words come out of his mouth before he can hold it back. The advisor goes to apologize but the man before him isn't even mad, "You don't have to feel bad about it, Thronal."

He sighs, "It was very rude of me and a terrible assumption."

Felimid shrugs but says nothing for a moment, "It really isn't. I think you forget I'm not the only mercenary that exists, Thronal. It's a pretty good assumption for the others."

"Except you?"

He nods, "Except me. I do it because it pays, not because I enjoy it."

"Ever think of what you would be doing if you didn't take this path?" That was the question the man feared he'd be asked.

"I think about it sometimes, but then I realize I'm rather lucky I even got the choice."

"That's..."

"Wrong? Yeah, I know. I'm not particularly happy I had this as a choice, but then I also know I could have been in worse. My," he hesitates, "My father wasn't the greatest. He brought terror with him everywhere. I'm just happy that, unlike him, I had the choice to be better than he was."

Thronal doesn't say anything for a moment, letting the silence in, "Were you close with him?"

"No. Neither was my sister."

"Your mother?"

"A saint, truly. Not sure why she stayed around him so long, honestly. I heard the stories on how beautiful their romance was..."