| 𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 |

𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖍

Felimid had to be up earlier than usual. Not that he truly minded it. Seeing the sun move over the mountains was a rather pretty sight.

Passing others in the hall, he makes his way to the guest room Eddard was currently residing in. He didn't knock. The man could wake up on his own terms.

The sun finally beats through the windows by the time he hears any noise coming from inside the room. It goes silent once more and soon enough the door is opening, "Oh! Felimid? You're here already?"

The mercenary gives him a smile, "I'm used to it."

Eddard walks out of the room and shuts the door behind him, "Well, shall we go to breakfast?"

"After you."

Eddard starts walking but decides to slow his speed to walk alongside the warrior, "How long have you been here for, Felimid?"

The human turns a little to his side to look at the older man's face, "Personal guard?"

Eddard nods, "A month."

"Only a month? How'd you get Vaeril's trust so easily?"

Felimid sighs, "I don't think I have that much of his trust. I do not accompany him to extremely important things or stay outside his chambers while he sleeps."

"Then how are you his personal guard?"

"Because I'm good at the job."

"And that is?"

The human looks at him, "Killing people who get too close."

Eddard chuckles and shakes his head, "You're an interesting one, aren't you?"

Felimid shrugs, "I do what I have to."

- - - - - - - - - -

"So, Vaeril. I have a question for you..."

The king looks to his uncle and nods, swallowing the food in his mouth, "Yes, uncle?"

"The dwarves. How is progress with those vile creatures?"

Felimid winces at the malice behind the older one's voice. Vaeril sighs and rolls his eyes, "They're not creatures, uncle."

"They're greedy little creatures, Vaeril. You know that."

The king's hand goes to his temple and pushes to ease some of the tension, "How many times must I tell you this. It's been hundreds of years since anything like that has happened, uncle. We cannot blame Oromir and his kingdom on the mistakes of his predecessors."

Eddard scoffs, "They don't like us either."

"Not to interrupt," Thronal starts to speak, "But we didn't exactly aid them either."

Felimid is next to speak up, "What happened?"

"Ah," Eddard smiles at him, "I suppose that makes sense seeing as you probably wouldn't know any of your ancestors involved with the battle of Zakiar."

"Battle of Zakiar? Yes, I don't think I know of it."

Eddard smiles, "Well now is a good time to tell a good story..."

Vaeril sighs, but the older man doesn't hear it, "Years and years ago at the beginning of my life my father was just about to become the Lord of the Niles. If Vaeril didn't tell you already, that's where his mother was from as well before she got married to the previous king."