Chap 13

All we can do now is wait for the sports festival and grow my connection with Aizawa, I explained. Shiggy looked to the ground in thought.

"How are your wounds?" He asked. I blinked at him for a moment, surprised by his question.

Better, I've been keeping them clean, I sighed. The bullet hole in my shoulder was a pain to clean, but it was doing fine. Not agitating it was my biggest struggle considering my form of communication is through hand gestures. With the whole League forcing me to use those bastard crutches while in the base, my leg has been healing better than my shoulder.

"Good. Is our first aid box stocked?" I squinted at him, trying to figure out what he was getting at.

Were you not listening to what I just said? We need to figure out what to do next, I signed.

"I heard you, but there isn't anything we can do now, like you just said," Shiggy sighed, tilting his head back and closing his eyes. I smacked him in the arm before signing.

I don't like sitting here and doing nothing, I pinched the bridge of my nose, anxiety, and nauseousness swirling in my stomach.

"You have to figure out when your next meeting with Aizawa will be," Shiggy pointed out.

It would be easier if I was still with Yagi. I could just go to Aizawa with one of my injuries,

"You don't have that option now."

No kidding. Maybe if I ask if I can stay with him for a day? But I don't want to outright ask him. Maybe if I scout a little more I can "accidentally" run into him on the streets?

"Maybe one of the others could help you?" Shiggy offered. He was an underground hero, meaning his shifts were always at night. If I got one of the others to "Corner me in an alleyway and try to hurt me" then maybe that'd be what I need to get his attention again. Of course, he might not be doing hero work with his injuries.

I was most likely going to have to wait until after he got his casts off. Judging by how hard the Nomu hit him, I'd guess I still had a while to wait. Still, this gave me time to focus on the Sports Festival.

I wanted to see how well Midoriya did. If he was Yagi's successor he should be pretty good. I also wanted to judge his character, but I'd have to be close to do that.

Of course, I could try getting in close with the other teachers at UA and see what the students are like for myself. As a medical student, I pretty much had an easy way in. I just needed to figure out how I could squeeze myself into UA without attracting Yagi's attention.

I looked back to Shiggy and held out my hand. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" He grunted.

Hand, I signed, holding out my hand again. He scrunched up his nose and looked away from me, but placed his bandaged hand in mine anyway. I pulled him down the hall towards the first aid box. Once I got it, I pushed him into my room and motioned for him to sit down.

I unwrapped his hand carefully, watching as Shiggy sucked in a breath as his bullet wound touched the air. I quickly cleaned the area and wrapped his hand back up. He watched me silently.

Once I was done I started packing up and throwing away the materials, but I felt his eyes on my face. As I put the unused wrappings back in the first aid box, Shiggy's hand on mine stopped me. I looked up to face him, seeing his features unusually soft. He looked concerned, or maybe guilty?

"Y/N, Are you still mad at me?" He asked slowly. I furrowed my brows at his question.

When was I mad at you?