chap 9

I paced the mat while Dabi stared at me, his hands surrounded by blue flames. I watched as his eyes flicked down to my previously injured leg, and made my stance more stable.

He kicked forward, his hand outstretched to my chest while his leg dropped down to kick me off my feet. I grabbed Dabi's wrist, making sure not to get burned by his fire, and pushed his hand to the side, causing his whole body to shift slightly. I took a step back to doge his foot, making sure to keep my balance even and stable. I quickly let go of his hand as his blue flames rose higher and became too hot for me to handle with my hand right there.

We went back to circling each other, watching for an attack or an opening we can take advantage of. I noticed his right hand bent and ready, while his left, which was closest to me, was limp. I figured he would send a fire blast at me next and prepared myself to dodge.

As I expected, his hand shot forward quickly, and a large column of fire raced rapidly in my direction. My feet moved quickly as I dodged out of the way, my chest and face burning slightly from the heat. I shook off my pain as I turned back to him. I ran at him, attempting to use the same pressure point I used against Toga when I first fought with her. My hand stretched out to punch him right below his rib cage and into his diaphragm, attempting to knock the air out of him. His hand slapped my hand away, the flames licking my skin. While his right hand was away from his body due to blocking my attack, I brought my knee up and dug it into his gut, moving too fast for his left hand to block.

He stepped back and crouched over, holding his stomach from where I kneed him. I ran forward and hit the pressure point in his neck to knock him out, watching as he crumbled to the floor. I looked up at Shiggy who was watching the whole thing.

"Well done," He said simply. I panted as I brought my hands up to sign back.

When will I be fighting you? I asked, watching as a light pink bloomed on his cheeks.

"You want to fight me?" He asked, and I shrugged in response.

"You need to get your burns checked out first," He sighed, motioning down to my burned arms and hands. I rolled my eyes but complied. They learned to keep the hideout's medical supply always stocked for me, seeing as I was the only one here that got hurt regularly. And it wasn't even my fault! 

I made my way to the cabinet and grabbed the burn cream and the bandages. I sat down on my bed as I smeared the cream across the burned areas, being gentle with the already damaged skin. Shiggy knocked on my already open door before walking into my room and taking a seat next to me on my bed.

He wordlessly picked up the bandages that were laying beside me and grabbed my hand. I had to look away as he wrapped my arms. He made sure to add a light layer to the burns on my hands, knowing that if it was too thick it would impair my ability to communicate.

Thank you I signed slowly once the bandaging was done. My hand felt stiff with the fabric wrapped around it, but I knew it was necessary.

"No problem," He sighed.

Are the preparations for the USJ attack set? I asked after a while, asking the first thing that came to mind in order to dispel the tense air around us.

"Yes, my Nomu is ready and Girian has recruited as many low-life idiots as possible," Shiggy said, his hand finding its way to his neck where he started scratching. I pulled his hand down, shaking my head to him as I did so.

My phone ringing pulled us out of our conversation. I glared down at the user, my face turning dark. I answered the call nonetheless, putting it on speaker as I did so.

"Y/N? Where the hell are you!? You were supposed to be in your room! If you snuck out I swear to God-" My father screamed into the phone, but I watched as Shiggy tensed up, his face darkening as he glared at the phone.

"Y/N is currently unavailable, try again later, asshat," Shiggy cut him off, hanging up the phone quickly. I stared at him as he fumed, his hands finding themselves back against his neck. "I'm going to kill him!" Shiggy declared.

Shiggy, you need to calm down, I tried, but he wasn't reading my signs, he wasn't even looking at me. I banged my hand against my bed frame, but even that didn't get his attention. I grabbed onto his hand again, gaining his attention for a minute as he tried to pull away from me. I attempted to sign to him using one hand, but he quickly pushed me off as he got up and started pacing the room.

He was muttering something, but I couldn't hear what it was. I didn't know what to do, he wasn't reading my signs, and he brushed me off whenever I tried to get his attention. I sat on my bed, watching as he ignored me, feeling silent. I glared at him, waiting for him to stop, but he worked himself into a frenzy and there was no telling how long it took before he calmed down.

I picked up my pillow from my bed and threw it at him. He turned to me, glaring daggers into my eyes.

Listen! I signed angrily, pointing harshly to my ear. You need to calm the fuck down!

He stared at me, his eyes half glazed over.

"He's calling you, you're mute! He's demanding you be home, and threatening you!" Shiggy defended, speaking loudly.

I know! I've had to deal with it all my life! His threats mean nothing to me, especially when I'm here! I sighed, going slower than I usually would so he could fully understand.

"Why did you stay with him for so long?!" Shiggy demanded, walking closer to me.

What was I going to do? I had nowhere to go, no money, I'm a broke college student with no friends, I had no options, I sighed soundlessly.

"Call the police?" Shiggy suggested, running a hand through his dry hair.

He's the top hero. They would never take my side, I gave him a bored look, showing just how stupid the suggestion was.

"You still could have told someone," Shiggy glared.

I did, and you called me a lier, He paused at this, seemingly understanding how option-less I was. One more day and we'll take him down

I reached forward and took his hand, he made sure to keep a finger off of me as I dragged him back to the bed. It's fine, I'm good now.

My phone blew up with texts and phone calls from Yagi. Shiggy glared down at the phone before taking it from me, quickly blocking the number and silencing the notifications.

He's going to be so mad, I signed, staring down at my now still phone.

"I don't give two shits," Shiggy rasped out.

Why are you being so nice to me? His attitude towards me changed drastically since when I first joined the LOV. I didn't know why he decided to protect me, and I wanted to know without using my quirk.

"I might be a villain, but I don't like abuse," Shiggy grumbled.

That's it? I raised an eyebrow at him. If that was true, then he would only be more adamant about killing All Might, not taking care of my injuries and insisting that I take care of myself.

"Are you looking for more?" He asked, locking eyes with me. My chest clenched painfully and I lowered my eyes to my lap. I heard him sigh before he reached over and took my hand in his, being careful to keep his middle finger up. He played with my fingers slightly

"You're different than what I thought you would be. I expected you to be a spy, that's why I was mean," He grumbled. I removed my hand from his lap so I could sign, noticing how he seemed disappointed when I did so.

you're not what I was expecting either, I smiled. It was silent for a while, just comfortable silence. I gave him my hand back so he could play with my fingers, making sure the bandages were still tightly wrapped around my hand and wrist.