chap 7

I walked into the house, noticing the soft chatter coming from the living room. I slowly shut the door and crept down the hall towards where the talking was coming from. I heard Yagi's voice, the distinct tone that he always used when talking to other people.

"I told you before, I'll try to make it, but you know my limit. With all the hero work, I sometimes don't have enough time to get through a whole lesson!" He explained, his voice completely different from when he was talking to me. I peeked around the wall, noticing Yagi's back to me, and another man in front. 

He had tired eyes and messy hair, his clothes were not skin tight like a lot of heroes, but I could tell he was one. He seemed like a powerful guy, even though he looked like a complete hobo on the outside. 

"Who are you?" I asked, using my quirk. 

*Underground Hero Eraserhead, Name: Shouta Aizawa* 

So he was an underground hero, that made sense. 

"What's your quirk?" I asked next. 

*Eraser. Can erase anyone's quirk by looking at them*

That might be problematic. I slowly made my presence known, walking into the doorway. Aizawa looked at me first, a confused and cautious look forming on his face before it was wiped away into a blank slate.

Yagi whipped around, looking at me. He noticed my crutches, which I was carrying in one hand. 

I'm home, I signed, noticing how Aizawa glanced down at my hands, with no look of confusion. I sensed he knew Sign Language. 

"Fine, just be quiet," Yagi said, his glare telling me that I would be in trouble if I didn't, but none of that passed through in his voice. I nodded, then retreated upstairs. 

"Who was that?" I heard Aizawa ask. 

"A friend of mine, she's been staying with me for a bit until her leg healed," Yagi said, lying so no one knew how much of a disappointment he had for a daughter. I slumped on my bed, glancing down at my still wrapped leg. I slowly peeled the wrapping away and looked at the cut. The discoloration was down, and it wasn't as puffy as it was before. It was almost manageable to stand on, but I knew Toga would kill me if I stopped using the crutches before I was supposed to. My phone chimed and I looked down at it. 

Handyman: you ok so far?

Me: Yeah, he has someone over, so it's going to be a few minutes 

Handyman: Text us if something happens

Me: you're really needy, you know that right?

Handyman: fuck off, Y/n, keep going and I won't help you when you get hurt

I chuckled lightly at my phone before my door was kicked down. Yagi stood in the doorway, his face was stone cold, and his eyes practically burned with rage. 

"You just had to come home when Aizawa was over, didn't you? You worthless, quirkless bitch!" Yagi yelled. He ran forward and grabbed me by the hair. I took the time to ask some questions while he was jostling me around. 

"Did you know I can still use my quirk?" I asked first, gritting my teeth against the pain from my scalp. 

*There was a possibility that the quirk could still work after the vocal cords were snapped* 

I had to force myself not to glare daggers at Yagi as he dragged me down the stairs and into the living room. He knew and he never told me?!

"What's your quirk exactly?" I asked next, knowing that Shiggy didn't know the exact quirk, only that it involved supper strength, and I added the ability to change his form.