0.3

Vote, comment, share

The screen switches back to Alaric's office.

"Why would it ask me that?" Asks a distraught Landon.

"The werewolf gene" starts Ric," lies dormant until the carrier takes a human life. If Rafael triggered his curse, it's... because he killed someone."

"That's a bit harsh don't you think? Ric?" Asked Caroline

"Yeah you could have been a little more gentle." Agrees Damon. "And that's coming from me, and everyone knows, I am not gentle."

"For the millionth time this is not me. Not really." Yells Ric.

"And we don't accept cold blooded killers into our program." Finishes Ric.

"He's not a killer." Argues Landon almost immediately.

Hope looks at him, "we're not trying-"

"He's not a killer!" Cuts off Landon as he stands up.

Rid sits up straighter. "Well, I know a little bit about his background. Neglectful birth parents. Orphaned and adolescence. Six foster homes in seven years. Prone to fits of anger-"

Landon cut him off again "-Yeah, you could just as easily be reading my file— that's what it's like out there for people like him and me."

"Landon," Hope speaks for the first time in a while. "I know this is a lot to take in right now, but we're only trying to help. I've been going here since I was seven. This is a safe place for people like Rafael. It-It's a home." She stresses.

"But" Ric starts talking, " if we take him in we need to make sure that he is not a threat."

Landon looks at him, and then turns his back towards them. He takes a deep breath and starts talking. "His girlfriend Cassie. Last month-" he turns around to face them, "- he was driving, there was a storm, he took a turn too fast. And then he started acting out. At first I thought it was just grief. And then maybe-  maybe drugs or something. And then he threw a 200-pound lawnmower 50 feet across the yard. That was when our foster parents called in the priest. I guess they thought that he was possessed by the devil."

Oh, poor kid." Mutters Hayley.

Rid scratches his neck. "All of that is consistent with a newly triggered wolf. It's normal. Thank you for that, Landon. Hope." Ric looks at her.

Hope gets up from sitting on the desk and walks to Landon. She whispers to him, "Everything is going to be okay. I promise."  While looking him in the eyes. "We're ready" she says out loud.

Ric gets up from his chair. "Landon Kirby, Milton Greasley." He introduces as a tan skinned boy with an afro walks into the office.

"Someone named their kid Milton? I feel so bad for him." Says Damon.

"It's not that bad." Argues Bonnie. Though she sounded a bit unsure.

"I have to agree with Damon on this one." Kol speaks up.

Everyone turns to look at the original some confused and some shocked that he agreed with a Salvatore. Especially since that Salvatore is Damon.

"Come on, Dr.Saltzman" Nags Milton while walking to stand next to Hope.

"Right MG" He corrects himself. "I'm sorry. Take it from a guy named Alaric. I get it. Landon, MG is my student aide."

"He's also a vampire." Adds Hope.