Halloween Part III Part 1

"Good morning, Boyle. It's Halloween - I'm surprised you didn't put on a costume" said Holt, standing next to Charles in the elevator. 

"I was going to, sir, but then I decided 'Screw that jazz'" said Charles. Holt was visibly confused. "Well, I'm the only one who ever dresses up, no one ever gets my costume, and they make fun of me - So I'm done.. These people don't deserve my dress-up gifts."

The elevator doors opened out into the bullpen and Charles and Holt walked out to see the whole squad dressed up in different costumes. 

Y/n is dressed up as a random character from a TV show/movie (Can't be Brooklyn 99 though)

Y/n is dressed up as a random character from a TV show/movie (Can't be Brooklyn 99 though). And Hitchcock and Scully are dressed up as mustard.

"Charles, seriously? No costume?" asked Jake.

"What the hell, Charles? Where's your Halloween spirit?" Terry asked.

"But you guys always make fun of me" said Charles.

"I have never once insulted you in my life, especially vis-a-vis your appearance" said Gina.

"Yeah, we always love your costumes" you said.

"Remember last year, when you came as that person and/or thing?" said Jake.

"Yes, I do remember!" Charles turned to Holt. "Sir, permission to sprint to my car and get my emergency costume?"

"Does it matter if I say no?" asked Holt, and Charles sprinted towards the elevator. 

"No!" shouted Charles.

Five minutes later

The elevator door opened to reveal Charles dressed as Elvis Pressley, in a dramatic pose. "Abam, bam, boom." He turned around and took off his sunglasses to see everyone in regular clothes. "What the - what -"

"Why are you dressed up? You look like an idiot" said Rosa.

"But - But - " said Charles.

"Yeah, what are you supposed to be, a sassy car mechanic?" Amy asked.

"No, come on - he's clearly the rejected Pop-Tarts mascot, Harry Pop-Tart" said Jake.

"I am not! You know who I am!" Charles said.

"Squad, that's enough. You're making Boyle feel bad on purpose. He's Elvis" Holt said.

"Yes!" said Charles happily.

"Elvis Stojko, the Canadian figure skater" said Holt.

"No!" said Charles.

Jake and Holt stood in front of everyone in the briefing room

"Attention, squad: Today is the most important day in the history of this precinct. For today is Halloween - I thought we were gonna say it together" said Jake, pointing at Holt.

"I never agreed to that" Holt said.

"All right" said Jake. "As you may know, for the past two years, Captain Holt and I have engaged in an epic battle of wits. The goal: To determine who must call the other an amazing detective/genius."

"The first year, by sheer, dumb luck, Jake eked out a feeble victory" said Holt.

"And last year, I let the captain win, because he's old and sad" said Jake.

"Sad because the competition was so dismal" Holt said.

"Is this meeting about something?" asked Terry.

"It's about everything" answered Jake.

"This year's the tie breaker, a final heist to decide once and for all the true king of the Nine-Nine" said Holt.

"Halloween Heist III: The Heistening. Tagline?" said Jake, pointing at Holt.

"This year we both attempt to steal the same object instead of Jake attempting to steal one from me" Holt said.

"I gave you one direction on the tagline - Snappy. But yes, we well be attempting to steal the same item - This" said Jake, leaning down and picking up a crown.

"The crown will be locked in this briefcase, which in turn will be locked in the interrogation room" Holt said.

Jake began to sing as he placed the crown into the briefcase. "And so unto the briefcase goes the crown." He stopped singing. "Didn't sing it with me."

Jake and Holt closed the briefcase.

"We will need help, so to be fair, we're holding a draft. The captain and I have given up our overtime, so everyone who participates will get the night off. Captain?" Jake said.

"With the first pick of the draft, I choose... Terry" said Holt.

Terry walked to stand by Holt.

"Okay, brawns over brains" Amy said.

"All right, I take Charles" said Jake.

"I get it. Close friend" said Amy.

"I pick Gina" Holt said.

"Gina?" asked Amy.

"I take Rosa" said Jake.

"What?" asked Amy and y/n.

"Okay, all right, Captain... That leaves me with you" said Amy.

"And I guess I'm going with Jake" you said.

"Let's do this" said Amy, walking over to Holt.

"Hang on, Santiago. You too, l/n. I'm not sure I can trust you or l/n. L/n is Peralta's paramour, maybe you should be on his team. Santiago, you are also close friends with Peralta" said Holt.

"No, no, no - Amy would do anything to win your approval, including pretending to be on my team to gather my plans. Y/n, is also very loyal to you, and maybe even to the point where she pretends to be in a relationship with me for the past few weeks only to betray me now" said Jake.

"Jake, you are overthinking this" you said.

"Exactly" said Amy.

"Maybe, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take" Jake said. "Neither of you are on my team."

"Yeah, they're out" said Holt.

Y/n and Amy were shocked.

"By midnight, whoever has the crown will be the king of the Nine Nine" said Holt, shaking hands with Jake.

"Uh, Hitchcock and I still haven't been chosen" said Scully.

"I'm good" Holt said.

"Me too" said Jake.

I have a plan.