26. Trust Me

I walk into the science building, feeling like I'm floating on air, smiling cheek to cheek. Everyone that walks past me must sense my good mood—during the week before finals, of all times—giving me long, sideways glances.

Entering the lecture hall, my eyes automatically land on Olivia's face. Her attention is focused on Delilah, but it only takes her a few moments to sense my gaze, her warm honey colored eyes finding mine.

She smiles shyly, blushing adorably.

As if possible, the grin on my face widens.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I jog up to our row and stand beside her. She tilts her head back to look up at me, the long, smooth lines of her neck on full display. Her eyes lock on mine, a hint of questioning and longing set deep within them.

Gladly, without hesitation, I lean down and plant my lips on hers in a short but meaningful kiss. When I pull away, she's blushing madly, the smile on her face matching mine.

"Hi," I whisper, pecking her lips once more before shrugging off my backpack and taking my seat. "What are you blushing for?" I tease, resting my hand on her thigh.

Her blush deepens and she shyly looks away, shrugging. "Nothing."

Grinning, I lean in, pressing my forehead to hers. "Is it because I get to kiss you now. Whenever I want," I whisper lowly.

"Maybe," she whispers, a playful edge to her tone. "That and the fact that everyone is staring."

I furrow my brow, pulling back to glance around the classroom to find people gawking at us. Especially Delilah.

I glance at Delilah over Olivia's shoulder and her face is almost comical. Her eyes are wide behind her thick rimmed glasses, jaw practically to the floor. I try my best not to laugh.

"Wha— you and you..." she sputters, trying to digest it all, her eyes shifting between me and Olivia rapidly. "You didn't tell me!" she bursts, her angry, accusing eyes honing in on Olivia.

Olivia cringes. "We just got here and you were talking about debate club!" she tries to defend herself.

"Debate club, sh-mate club! This is way more important!" Delilah insists, siting forward, thoroughly interested. "Tell. Me. Everything."

Olivia looks back at me with uncertainty. I nod, giving her full permission to give her best friend the details. She starts off slow, Delilah hanging on her every word, but then they both turn into giddy school girls, smiling and talking excitedly, animatedly, all the while trying to keep their voices down, making me chuckle.

Not long after, rat boy walks in with that seemingly permanent scowl on his face, his dark hair doing nothing for his pale ass skin that's only getting whiter with winter. He walks up to our row, quirking a brow at the excited shrieking before taking his seat next to Delilah. "What are you two going on about?"

Olivia blanches while Delilah maintains her grin.

"Olivia's got a boyfriend," Delilah says in a singsong voice.

I watch as a dozen different emotions scroll across his pale, rat like face. He starts with shock and eventually lands on rage. "Who?" he asks sharply, miserably failing to leash his emotions. I think he already knows the answer to his question, his beady little eyes snapping to me and my hand resting on Olivia's thigh.

While Olivia and I never fully established our relationship status as boyfriend and girlfriend, I have to admit it has a nice ring to it. I've never had a girlfriend before, never wanted one, and I'm surprised when no sirens go off in my head and my stomach doesn't twist uncomfortably at the thought. In fact, I feel pretty damn good—excited—about it. And I'm definitely getting satisfaction out of rat boy knowing our unconfirmed, but basically confirmed, status. At least he finally has some color to his face, now. Red, but whatever.