29. Alarm

"We should really... get back... to studying," Olivia breathes between kisses, weakly trying to pull away.

"Mmm, five more minutes," I protest, running my hand up her spine to plunge my fingers in her soft, silky hair, deepening the kiss.

She giggles against my lips before a small moan elicits from the back of her throat when my tongue slips past her lips and starts massaging hers. With her knees planted on each side of my legs, straddling my lap, I tighten my hold on her hip, pulling her even closer. The small movement causes her to tantalizingly brush her hips against mine and I nearly combust at the contact. 

Olivia gasps, breaking free of the kiss by pulling away and tilting her chin back, unintentionally giving me full access to her neck. I lean in and press my lips to the column of her throat, leaving a variety of delicate and open mouth kisses.

"You do know our lab final is in less than twelve hours, right?" she asks, her throat vibrating against my lips as she speaks.

"Mhmm," I hum, still planting kisses along her neck.

"We should really be studying," she says, despite tilting her head to the side, giving me more access.

"I am," I insist. "Trachea. Hyoid bone. Mandible," I list, getting closer and closer to her lips.

Before I can reach her mouth, she grabs my chin, preventing me from going any further. She gives me a stern look, but all I can focus on is her mussed hair and kiss swollen lips.
"We need to study," she states more sternly.

I groan dramatically. "I'm tired of studying. We've been studying nonstop all week," I point out.

It's true. All week—all month, really—we've been studying for finals. But thankfully that all ends tomorrow for me. Luckily, majority of my finals were Monday and Tuesday, and my last one is tomorrow for lab.

"Can't we have just have a little bit of fun?" I plead. "At the very least, I deserve some sort of reward for all the studying I've done."

She gives me a pointed look, raising a brow. "A reward?"

"Yeah."

"And what kind of reward, exactly?"

My grin is sharp as I grip her hips. "I was thinking something along the lines of you... Right here... In my bed..." Swiftly, carefully, I roll us over so she's under me, mindful of the limited space provided by the twin mattress. "Like this."

Her big eyes stare up at me, and her dark hair is splayed across my pillow. The image is so perfect I burn it into my memory to remember for a long, long time.

In awe, I lean down and seal my lips to hers, kissing down her neck, sucking on that tender sliver of flesh at the crook of her neck where her shoulder meets.

"How did you do on the final today?" she asks, breathless.

"Wow, I love it when you talk dirty to me," I mumble sarcastically against her skin.

She giggles, playfully shoving my shoulder. "Seriously, how did it go?" she ask, suddenly serious, concern in her eyes.

I huff, moment over. Of course she would be thinking about that right now.

Lying down on top of her, I make sure to put most of my weight on my forearms on either side of her so I don't absolutely crush her. "It was fine." I shrug.

She looks at me skeptically.

"Seriously, Finch," I chuckle. "I think it went well. I have a pretty great tutor, you know."

That causes a smile to tug at her lips. "So does that mean I get a reward?" she asks, a glint in her eye.

I grin, hovering my lips just millimeters above hers. "What do you want?" I ask lowly, huskily.