4. Bold

I jog up the steps of the science building two at a time, my heavy ass backpack beating against my back with every jump. Damn my back and quads hurt from practice yesterday, coach really drilling our asses since the first game of the season is this weekend.

On the second floor of the science building, I head towards one of the large lecture halls for my anatomy class. Finding the correct room number, I walk in and my eyes automatically scan the room for one person in particular.

Towards the center of the fifth row, I spot Olivia sitting next to Delilah, the two talking amongst themselves. I take the stairs to the fifth tier, sliding into the row and claiming the seat next to Olivia.

"Ladies," I greet them, hooking my backpack onto the back of the chair before taking a seat.

"Hey," Olivia greets me with a surprised smile.

I take a quick glance around the large lecture hall that's already halfway full. "I swear, if we have to do introductions in this class..."

Olivia laughs, shaking her head. "Gosh, I hope not."

"If we do, I still got your back if you got mine." I grin.

"Deal," she agrees. "Bronx Miller, exercise science, NFL," she recites.

"Very good," I praise, pleased she remembered everything I told her about myself from lab. "And Olivia McCausland, pre-med, cardiac surgeon, weirdo that can twist her fingers in an inhuman like way."

She grins. "Nailed it."

"You told him you're a freak?" Delilah chimes in teasingly.

"Actually, she told our whole English class," I verify.

"Liv, you have got to stop using that as your fun fact," Delilah groans.

"What else am I supposed to say?" Olivia counters.

"I don't know, anything but that! And you especially don't have to show everyone, either."

During their banter, someone from the back of the room yells out my name. "Bronx!"

I turn my head, looking over my shoulder at the rows behind me. It takes me only a few seconds to spot Adrianna with her hand raised above her head, waving to get my attention. Once our eyes lock she gestures with her hand for me to come sit with her and her friends a number of rows back.

Internally groaning, I flash her a meek smile and give a small wave before turning back around in my chair, clearly rejecting her offer.

"—tell everyone you have a third nipple." I just catch the end of Delilah's sentence.

"You what?" I nearly choke.

"Delilah!" Olivia scolds her friend, turning a deep shade of red. Her head quickly snaps in my direction. "I do not have a third nipple, by the way," she strongly assures me.

"But see, it really grabs someone's attention," Delilah teasingly taunts.

"Just—ugh!" Olivia covers her face, slumping back in her chair, causing both Delilah and I to chuckle.

Before I can comfort Olivia, I feel someone looming behind me, and I twist in my seat to see pale rat face boy—Quinton—standing behind me, scowling at me with hatred.

"You're in my seat," he says coldly.

I make a show of scanning the desktop, and even the back of the chair. "I don't see your name on it."

His jaw clinches, and his beady little eyes stare a hole right through me. Sizing me up, he realizes I'd knock him on his ass in point two seconds, and his eyes shift to Olivia, waiting for her to say something.