BONUS CHAPTER- Always

Olivia's POV

I bite the inside of my cheek and instinctively tighten my grip on Bronx's hand in anticipation.

"Easy, baby," Bronx whispers, his lips brushing against my ear, setting off a whole new swarm of butterflies in my stomach. "Patience." He chuckles, planting a kiss to my cheek before sitting upright in his chair.

Today is one of the biggest days of my life and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. Today is the day I find out where I've been placed for residency—where I'll be spending the next several years of my life.

My absolute dream is to be placed in cardiothoracic surgery at Hanner Memorial Hospital here in Georgia. Hanner is an amazing hospital with a top ranked cardiac surgery team and it's only thirty minutes away, meaning Bronx and I wouldn't have to uproot our lives and move. It's also where Cora works, meaning I wouldn't have to leave her or the rest of my family behind. I've never been away from Georgia, the place I've called home since Stan and Monica took me in, and I don't have any intentions on leaving. But if I happen to match at another residency, I'll have to move, which will absolutely gut me.

Bronx and I have talked about the possibility of me having to move to another hospital, and he said he'd happily follow anywhere I go. I believe him, I do, but I'd also feel extremely guilty if he left everything behind because of me. He's finally starting to get a grip on his future after losing out on his dream of going to the NFL after the accident. Coach set him up with a really great job and I'd hate for him to leave it all because of me. And not to mention leaving my parents and Miss Cora behind...

I pull Bronx's hand onto my lap, grasping it with both of my hands as I sit and listen to everyone's name be call except for mine. I try to sit as still as I possibly can as negative and anxious thoughts being to swirl around in my head, ranging from what happens after today to what if they forgot my envelope to what if they decided not to even put me in a residency at all?

Sensing my anxiety, Bronx uses his free hand to gently grab my chin, turning my face to look at him. He gives me a reassuring look, and I close my eyes, taking in a deep breath and silently counting to three.

Before I open my eyes, a soft pair of lips briefly brush against mine in a sweet kiss. When I open my eyes, Bronx is smiling at me, his face inches from mine.

"Olivia McCausland."

My heart rate kicks up as soon as they call my name, and I'm sure my grip on Bronx's hand has become vice like.

"You got this," Bronx reassures me before standing, pulling me out of my seat.

I stand, flattening out the skirt of my lavender dress, and glance over at my parents and Cora who are all sporting proud, excited and encouraging smiles before letting Bronx lead me to the front of the auditorium. I grab my envelope from one of the department chairs and immediately hand it to Bronx, too scared to open it myself.

During the Mach Ceremony, if we wanted, we could have someone special come up with us to announce our placement. I couldn't choose between my parents so they both gave me their blessings to let Bronx go up with me to announce my residency, since he's been such a constant in my life and my rock for the past five years. Not to mention this decision will affect him too since he'll be going with me. When I asked him to stand beside me today he was honored.

Bronx and I stand in front of the microphone and I shakily introduce myself as Bronx opens the envelope that seals my fate.

Before he pulls out the piece of paper he gives me a soft smile. "It'll be okay," he vows softly, grabbing my hand, his thumb brushing against my knuckles soothingly. "Wherever you go, I'll follow."