Chapter 45

Because Marvolo wasn't able to help Hadrian like Ash was, he instead spent his time planning Dumbledore's demise.

He wouldn't be able to do it himself, but someone else would. He could use Lucius' boy perhaps, and as a safety measure send some death eaters to make sure he was killed. By then, Hadrian would be awake, and he could play his own part in it.

~•~•~•~•~

It had been two weeks, and Hadrian was still not budging. Ash would stop by every now and then, but it was really up to Hadrian whether or not he would waken.

Even though he would not be allowed to die, he could still stay in the recesses of his mind, and Ash could not change that.

It was now evening, and Marvolo was having dinner, so Ash decided to drop by.

"Hello little snake." He greeted as he appeared in Hadrian's mind.

"Hi." Hadrian replied stoically. Ash scowled in frustration, and went to grab a book from the many shelves.

"'Changing Positions'?" Ash read aloud, looking down at the title of this particular book.

Hadrian smirked, recalling the memory from his childhood. He was three when this happened, but he still remembered it clearly.

~•~•~•~•~

"Boy! Get the dinner ready!" Vernon yelled. Harry stood up, short legs shaking from kneeling for so long, and walked to the kitchen.

"Hurry up!" Vernon yelled again. He ran into the kitchen, grabbing a pot to make pasta. As he was waiting for the water to boil, Harry let the little snake he had found out from under his shirt, letting it go on the counter.

"~Now is the perfect time to put them in their place.~" The little snake said.

"~But what if I get hurt because of it?~" Harry asked quietly.

"~That won't happen. When you're finished with them, they won't bother you anymore.~" It replied. Nodding, Harry gathered the energy inside of him as the snake had instructed him and let it manifest in his hands as a little ball of light. It was small, but powerful, and would leave a nasty burn on whatever it touched.

"~You remember what to do?~" The snake asked.

"~Give them a nasty look when they tell me to do something, and when they try to grab me, touch them with the magic.~" Harry replied.

They stayed quiet for a few minutes, not making the dinner or cleaning.

When Petunia finally came down and saw that he wasn't doing anything, she called out to Vernon with a smirk on her face.

Vernon walked into the kitchen, face purple in anger.

"What do you think you're doing boy! Make the dinner!"

"No." Harry replied defiantly. His small fists were curled up, hiding the light in the right hand.

"That's it! You're done boy!" Vernon yelled, charging toward him in anger.

Harry stood still, waiting for the walrus to get close enough. As Vernon stretched out his hand to grab the small boy, Harry sent his hand into the man's stomach, making him scream. Harry kept his hand there, watching the man writhe in agony. The noises and movements fascinated him in a grotesque way.

Stepping back, Harry let the light die out.

"I will not be your slave. I am far greater than you will ever be, Muggle, and I will not allow you to think otherwise. From now on, I will not be doing the chores. I will eat whatever food I want, and leave the house when I wish to. Are we clear?" Harry finished. Vernon nodded, pain and anger in his eyes.

~•~•~•~•~

"You certainly weren't an innocent kid." Ash muttered.

"What did you expect? An angel?" Hadrian snorted. He was lying on the black bed, basking in the moonlight exuding from the windows.

"No, just not such anger at the age of three." He replied. Hadrian shrugged in nonchalance.

"It was necessary." He said.

"No one deserves that kind of childhood." Ash insisted, setting the book back. Hadrian sat up on his arms, looking at Ash strangely.

"Of course not. But I couldn't exactly do anything to change how the Dursley's thought of me." He explained. Ash shook his head, sighing.

"Perhaps if Draka had not-"

"If Draka had not found me then I would be exactly what Dumbledore had wanted me to be. I would have ended up killing my father one way or another, and I never even would have met you." Hadrian interrupted.

"You don't know that." Ash replied, lying down on the bed next to him.

"No I don't. But it's an educated guess." He continued. They lay down in a comfortable silence, enjoying the peace in Hadrian's mind.

"How is father?" Hadrian quietly asked after a few minutes.

"He is taking out his anger on his 'death eaters'. Besides that, he spends his time looking for ways to help you, and doesn't seem to be sleeping the amount that is necessary for humans." He replied calmly. Guilt flashed in Hadrian's eyes for a moment, before disappearing as soon as it had shown.

"Still annoyed with the name?" Hadrian asked, smirking. Ash scowled.

"Those pesky humans aren't exactly eating me right now, are they?" He replied. Hadrian laughed, for the first time in awhile.

"I'm glad you find my problems amusing."

~•~•~•~•~

"I'm getting there. He laughed today, if that gives you any comfort."

"Yes, thank you Ash. I just hope that he is as close to you as you assume." Marvolo replied.

"Yes, I do as well. The month is almost over. Dumbledore can only die next year, as that is his time. If you try to kill him before, I will intervene." Ash stated in his business voice.

"I am well aware Ash, and I will not try. There is no need to warn me." Marvolo said, chuckling.

"Hadrian is afraid of me taking you. I worry that I may have to anyways."

"You won't." Marvolo replied, glaring. Ash narrowed his eyes, and disappeared.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

45 down, many more to go! I think I may stop this book at chapter 50, and then continue another one that takes place after Dumbledore is dead. Suggestions or complaints? Leave 'em in the comments or PM me! I really appreciate it!

Amber Silverwood