Chapter 50 - Epilogue

There was a throne, in the deepest and darkest parts of Hell. This throne was where Death would sit, watching over Earth and making sure that each human died at a certain moment.

He would occasionally come down, but only when there was an interesting human.

The first time he stayed for a long time, was when Hadrian Harmonia was almost killed. Death decided right then and there that he would change the course of history.

So he created his race of shapeshifters, and followed each and every one of them as they grew up. Eventually, the wizarding world became unstable, and in an alternate reality, one in which Death had never let one human live, the light would have taken over.

But alas, that was not how things played out. Because Death had indeed let the human live, and thus changed the Plan. The Plan had been good, and would have ended with magic eventually balancing out, but Death had disobeyed.

Death had been punished for two centuries, under the rules that he would not be able to interfere again during that probation. Then, when the time was up, he went down to Earth and looked down at the child named Hadrian Riddle.

The baby was but nine months old, but could already speak, hear, see, taste, and touch as well as a two year old.

On the outside, there seemed to be no flaw, and Death considered letting that thought take over as he let the child grab onto a finger.

But at that touch, he realized that the child was more flawed than any other. Not even a year old, and Death could already sense a darkness creeping up from his soul and into his mind.

Death drew back, ignoring the frown that the child gave him, and went back to Hell.

At the time, Death hadn't wanted to interfere with the child's life. But he couldn't ignore a direct call.

So he went down yet again, and entered the child's life. Through all of the flirting and teasing though, Death was worried. The darkness had almost engulfed the child's mind, and if he interfered again, he would get an even harsher punishment.

And so he watched.

~•~•~•~•~

When a human dies, their soul goes to one of two places. Heaven, or Hell. Humans who were good in life, and made it there life goal to help others in some way, went up. Humans who were evil - who killed, maimed, raped, or committed any of the horrible sins - went down.

Of course, it was rarely their fault, and so they became pure in Hell and then, after they repented, were released by Death to go to Heaven.

But there were always the rare cases. Those humans went to a third place - Purgatory. There, the human's mind and soul would be recreated, and put back on Earth to continue their work. Of course, it wasn't the actual human that had died in the first place.

The human was changed into a new person, into a new mind and body. The soul stayed relatively the same, with minor changes as the new human grew up.

This only happened once every few centuries though. There were rarely enough humans that had such ideals that they would go to Purgatory, but when it happened, Death would want to get involved.

And that was when things would change.

The soul would change too much from Death's influence, and the future itself would change.

~•~•~•~•~

"Let's have a party!" A shout came over the explosions in the castle. A ball of white flew over the heads of the wizards fighting, drawing all attention to itself. The fighting stopped.

"Please, let's have a party! I love parties! I really want a party! GIVE ME A PARTY!" The voice screamed. The students fighting quivered in fear at the insanity in the voice.

"Oh please don't cry. I hate crying, I really do." The voice said, even though sobs could be heard in between the sentences.

"Avada Kedavra!" Someone in the crowd yelled, a stream of green light now racing towards the figure. The wizards waited with baited breath as the seconds passed. Suddenly, the figure fell from it's position in the sky. With a thud, the body hit the floor, blood starting to pool around it.

A man ran over and crouched down next to it, lifting the head.

"Hadrian, wake up." He whispered. A minute passed, the crowd forming a circle around the two. By now, Hadrian's white robe and tail had disappeared, but his black hair had grown another white streak.

Green eyes suddenly shot open, a bright glow in them fading as he looked around.

"I would really like to know who just killed me."

~•~•~•~•~

They stood in silence as they watched the world crumble. Everyone was dead. Half of the Death Eaters, and all of the light wizards. The Ministry of Magic was being reformed, and the Muggles had been completely cut off from their world.

"Maybe... Maybe things could have been different." Hadrian whispered as they looked at the body before them. A hand reached out and grasped his own, squeezing in support.

"Perhaps."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

That's it. Hadrian Salazar Riddle is complete. It is a complete story, that I can mark as complete on the site so that everybody knows and I am SO EXCITED! I can't believe this! Thank you guys so much for all of your support, and comments, and anything and everything! I've already set up my next book, so here's the title once I post the first chapter.

Hadrian Riddle Harmonia - A Harry Potter Fanfiction

Or you can just look at my profile and find it there. Again, thank you guys so much!

Amber Silverwood