Chapter 23

"Bye Hadrian!" Draco called out as they got off the train. Hadrian waved back, and went to his father who was in the shadows yet again.

Right before he could step into the shadows though, a hand pulled him back, pushing him into a group of people.

"What are you doing all alone young man! Oh, what if you got hurt! Come here, we'll take you to our home so you can clean up and floo your parents." A woman said, holding his cheeks and pushing him along with the rest of her family.

"Ma'am, I must meet with my father, I can not go with you." Hadrian stated, pulling his hand away and trying to sink back to the shadows inconspicuously.

Before he could though, he felt the familiar pull of apparition, the last thing he saw being angry red eyes.

~•~•~•~•~

"Who do you think you are, kidnapping me!?" Hadrian exclaimed, pulling out his wand.

"Ah, Hadrian my boy, I'm glad you made it." Dumbledore said, stepping into the room. "You might want to put away your wand, you are not keyed into the wards to use magic. You'll end up getting stung." The old man warned, eyeing Hadrian's black wand.

"I'll take my chances." Hadrian challenged. Dumbledore sighed, looking at him from behind his glasses.

"I'd like for you to stay here this summer, as I fear that Voldemort may come after you. You will of course be accommodated well, and will have three meals just like the rest of Molly's children. And if you'd like, you can-" Dumbledore started, before being cut off by Hadrian's laughter.

His head was thrown back, shoulders shaking and tears forming in his eyes. It stopped suddenly though, leaving Hadrian's eyes still looking up to the ceiling. He slowly lowered his head, looking up at Dumbledore through his side bangs which had ruffled from the past events.

"You are a fool for not blocking my magical signature. You are a fool for assuming people wouldn't see Weasley taking me. You are a fool for thinking that I do not know my own father. So please, keep me here, and watch as this disgusting building is burned by my father's wrath. But no, I will save you from that. Instead of letting my father come, I will leave by my own accord. I do not need him to 'save' me." Hadrian whispered. The twinkle in Dumbledore's eyes left as a look of dread came upon them.

"Now, my boy, let's just calm down a moment and think about this." Dumbledore started.

Hadrian left the room, going out of sight, before sinking into the shadows and leaving the building to apparate back to Black Manor.

~•~•~•~•~

"Zolton!" Hadrian called out as he apparated into his personal home. There was a limit to how long far he could travel before wearing himself out, so apparating was the quickest way to get here.

"Yes master." Zolton said as he appeared.

"Find me a book on prolonged curses, ones that last for a long time. I have something to prepare for." He ordered, walking to his room.

Upon entering it, he immediately walked to the portrait that was in his study of the Peverells. Walking up to it, he addressed the ones inside of it.

"Ignotus, Antioch, how do I go about finding the Elder Wand and Invisibility Cloak?" He asked.

"As we already told you, the Dumbledore's stole the Elder Wand, and the Invisibility Cloak was last with the Potters." Antioch replied, looking down at him.

"Thank you." Hadrian replied, before turning and walking out and down the staircases.

"Master." Zolton said, holding out a book to him. Hadrian grabbed it as he walked by, thanking the elf distractedly. He flipped through the pages, searching for the curse that he was looking for. Just as he entered the ritual room, he found the curse, and immediately got to preparing for it.

"For vengeance, I cry, Lady Magick give me power. To curse my foes and wither away their gold, in the name of vengeance and righteousness, Lady Magick I ask of you to curse the males, purge the females, and bless my gold as my foes' is not." Hadrian chanted, holding the silver blade steady as he offered more blood into the runes on the floor.

The red liquid glowed as it filled each crevice, flowing with magic. Eventually, it died down, and left behind nothing.

Hundreds of miles away, a young boy screamed as he watched his mother and sister collapse, unconscious.

~•~•~•~•~

Two days later, Hadrian returned to Riddle Manor and appeared before his father. The older man threw a paper in front of his son, eyes narrowed.

Two Weasleys In The Hospital! Whole Family Bankrupt!

The title of the article glared at Hadrian, unmoving.

"What is the meaning of this?" Marvolo asked. "Molly and Ginevra Weasley hospitalised as they are in a coma, and the family suddenly without a single knut? I'm sure you would want to get back at the Weasleys for kidnapping you, but this is going a bit far. We can not have the dark blamed for this because of your incompetence!" He snapped. Hadrian flinched slightly, not wanting to make his father angry.

"I thought that this would be adequate punishment for taking me." Hadrian muttered. Marvolo sighed, and beckoned for Hadrian to stand.

"You shouldn't have let yourself be taken in the first place." Marvolo said with a slight smile. "Anyways, the Malfoy's ball is tomorrow, and I expect you to be prepared for it. You know what to wear."

"Of course Father." Hadrian replied with a smirk.

"You're dismissed." Marvolo stated, waving a hand and going back to his work. Hadrian let out a sigh in relief, before walking out and heading to his room.

~•~•~•~•~

"Zolton. Go to the Potter Vaults at Gringotts and get the cloak that is in there. Take the key, and don't let anyone see you."

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Another chapter done! Yeesh, I never expected to get to 23, and there's still more to come! I have so much stuff that I need to resolve in this story, and a lot of it is stuff that you guys don't know yet, so it's really exciting! Hope you guys liked it!

Amber Silverwood