Chapter 30

The next few weeks were tiring for Hadrian. With all of the emotional drama that came after the Boggart incident and final tests coming up soon, Hadrian couldn't wait for the school year to be over. A good thing that came out of this though, was that Hadrian got to know Sirius better. It turned out that the man had a dark core, but didn't like his family so he wanted to rebel. He went to Dumbledore and met the Potters, eventually forming the Marauders.

Dumbledore managed to sway him and blinded his views for awhile, but when he was thrown in Azkaban, he managed to see things clearly.

Even though Sirius wasn't Hadrian's actual godfather, the man wanted to be. He apparently cared for Hadrian a lot, and wanted to be a part of his life. Hadrian couldn't care less.

And so it was decided that Sirius would go live with Marvolo at Riddle Manor, but would become a Death Eater after his trial. It wouldn't do good to have the mark when they already thought he was a Death Eater.

~•~•~•~•~

With Sirius now gone, Hadrian's only intelligent conversation was with Salazar and Tylin, both whom were glad to have the company.

Salazar also helped Hadrian with his studies, explaining a form of dark magic for him or giving a history lesson. The most useful one would be happening today.

As Hadrian entered the chamber, he could tell that Tylin was excited to hear this story, which was strange since he was a snake that had lived for thousands of years. He should have already known what it was.

"Hadrian, come in. You will enjoy this lesson." Salazar said. His shoulder length black hair swayed as he stood and walked to the table in his portrait, and his bright green eyes watched Hadrian as he sat down.

"What is it that has Tylin so excited?" Hadrian asked, raising an eyebrow. Salazar rubbed his short goatee mysteriously.

"Today you will be learning about the House of Harmonia, your family on your mother's side. My family has long since been in contact with them, and have been friends since Merlin's time.

"Let's start with the first Harmonia, Hadrian Harmonia. Ah, but, you already know about him, don't you. From your companion there." Salazar smirked.

"How can you see him?" Hadrian demanded. Ash quietly laughed behind his hand, where as Salazar obviously laughed at Hadrian, not even trying to hide his grin.

"Hadrian, I am already dead. Of course I can see Death." Salazar stated, amused. Hadrian scoffed, turning his head and not replying.

"Whatever." He muttered.

"Anyways, skipping Hadrian's creation into the first zoometamorphagus, let's learn about the actual family. Each pair of parents only had one child, as was the "curse" of being a zoometamorphagus. Hadrian had a daughter, named Zara, who married an elf named Rivaille. Of course, the blood of a zoometamorphagus trumps all others, so any elf blood was wiped clean and changed into the top blood. This continued on, with each child getting one less animal, occasionally two less, until Zaria, a male, married a Valkyrus, who are bird hybrids."

"Did you say Zaria? Valkyrus?" Hadrian suddenly said, interrupting Salazar.

"Yes, why?"

"He's the man who made my wand. And he was blonde with blue eyes, and looked twenty something years old." Hadrian stated.

"Well, as I was saying, Zaria was a strange one. He wanted to be a wand maker, loved it with a passion. He created a Horcrux to ensure immortality, and went into hiding. Based on what you said, I assume he took his dead husband's name, and applied a major glamor to himself. Zaria Valkyrus. Your great grandfather. I don't see why he changed his name though.