Chapter 8

"Master, you must get up. The train leaves in three hours, and you must be ready." Zolton said as he opened the shades. Hadrian's eyes snapped open, and he methodically pulled the sheets off his lithe body and swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Zolton, which robes will I be wearing?" Hadrian asked as he opened the door to the closet.

"I suggest the dark green robes that you have. It is best to show off your wealth to any mudbloods that think ill of you, as well as to the other purebloods who may test you." The elf suggested.

"I agree. I assume my school robes are in my trunk, as well as everything else?"

"Yes. Your trunk has all of your potions ingredients and books that you will be bringing during the school year, as well as the trinkets that you are bringing. Your locket, as well as your rings are on the night stand as usual." Zolton stated as Hadrian finished getting dressed. He walked over and placed the locket and rings around his neck.

Zolton handed him his trunk and watched as Hadrian shrunk it and placed the feather light charm on it, putting it in his pocket. Hadrian walked down the staircases to the dining hall where Saber then served him breakfast.

Two and a half hours later, Hadrian apparated to Kings Cross Station, and then walked through the barrier. Zolton appeared beside him as he walked over to a wall and out of sight.

"If you ever need my assistance, Master, all you need is to call for me." Zolton said. Hadrian sighed.

"I know Zolton. We have already gone over this."

"Of course, Master." Zolton replied.

"Goodbye, Zolton." Hadrian said as he started to head to the train.

"Goodbye Master, Master's snake." He said, and went back to the manor.

Hadrian climbed into the train with Draka draped around his shoulders in an attempt to keep people from approaching him. He found an empty compartment and locked the door with a few spells to keep intruders out.

Ten minutes later and the train started moving, to the relief of Hadrian. Draka was now on the seats opposite of him, bathing in the sun, while he was reading a book on magical creatures and their relationship with wizards.

"~It says that the Basilisk is the king or queen of the snakes. Is this true?~" Hadrian asked Draka.

"~Not necessarily. A snake can only be deemed a queen or king by the current one. A basilisk hatchling is not a king or queen simply because it was born a basilisk, it must do great deeds to become one. It just so happens that basilisks are usually the ones to do so.~" She explained. Hadrian nodded in understanding. Just as he was about to ask another question, he heard a knock on the door. Sighing, he turned see who it was.

A girl was standing out there, with a boy beside her who was on the verge of tears. Hadrian allowed them to enter with a wave of his wand, already beginning to regret that decision.

"Have you seen a toad? Neville's lost his." She asked in an annoying voice.

"Yes, a toad just miraculously appeared in my compartment when there are charms on the door blocking anything from entering. Besides, even if it had, Draka would have eaten it." Hadrian said, glancing at her. "Of course, what would a mudblood know of charms?"

The girl looked offended, and then noticed the giant snake lazing around on the seat.

"Come on Neville, l-let's go." She whispered in fear. Hadrian made the door slam shut and then redid the charms on the door, glad to be free of that disgusting stench.