Chapter 34

When Hadrian came out of his mind, Ash was lying next to him, looking bored.

"Finally in the world of the living?" He asked as Hadrian turned.

"How long was I out?" Hadrian asked.

"Just a couple of hours. Oh, and nice cloak. it looks good on you." Ash said. It was then that Hadrian realized he was wearing the cloak that he had seen in the mirror. He stood up quickly, looking down and examining it. It had a fur like substance on it, making it much softer. Suddenly, something shifted against the back of it.

"Ash. What is that?" Hadrian asked slowly as he turned to see.

"Oh. My. Snicker Doodles." Ash said loudly as he approached Hadrian.

"Ash? What is it?!" He asked again, raising his voice. Ash suddenly broke out in laughter, reaching under the cloak and pulling out something white and fluffy.

"You have a tail!" Ash laughed. Hadrian gasped, turning in circles trying to see the other ligament. Finally, he managed to grasp onto it, and found that it was very soft, so soft, that he couldn't even get a grip on it.

Ash kept laughing, covering his mouth with his hand, while Hadrian attempted to gain control of the addition to his body.

"Ash, it's not funny! I have a tail. A tail! I don't even know how to get rid of it!" Hadrian exclaimed.

"You just need to get over the pleasure that you had experienced." Ash said, finally managing to stop laughing.

"Excuse me?"

"I said, you just need to get over the pleasure. Eventually you'll be able to turn into that thing at will, but for now you'll have to save that for last and deal with it whenever I decide to have fun with you." Ash snickered.

"Why would I save it for last? This thing seems very useful." Hadrian asked.

"That's your main form, second to only your original, human body. If you get something wrong, you could end up in that form for days. It's best to start out slow and get the feel of transforming into your other forms, and then you'll be able to try."

Hadrian nodded, understanding why he couldn't do it.

"I've already mastered my crow and wolf form. What should I do next?"

"Whatever is closest to the wolf or crow. Your leopard form is the closest to the wolf, however the thestral would be like a mix between the wolf and crow. It would be more of a challenge." Ash explained.

"I'll start with the thestral then."

~•~•~•~•~

The easiest part for all zoometamorphagus was becoming the animal. The hardest part was moving naturally in it. For Hadrian, he would have to learn two things for his thestral form. How to move in it and how to fly in it.

He first started by going in the Forbidden Forest and stretching out his wings, which was not too hard. Once he had moved them in all directions, he began walking. He failed spectacularly.

Trying to walk on hooves was like trying to walk on wooden poles for Hadrian. Taking even one step forward caused him to fall on his stomach.

After a few hours of practice, Hadrian finally managed to walk normally, so next was trotting and then cantering, and, eventually, galloping.

Trotting was much easier now that he had learned to walk, and he quickly moved up to cantering. It was much like trotting but smoother and quicker. Galloping was very difficult.

Putting his feet down at the right time was the hardest coordination trick he had ever done. Right left, right left continually without stopping had him tripping over his legs and releasing his wings at random times. It would take a long time to master this, and he hadn't even started flying.