The Call

3rd person perspective:

It was a normal day in the life of Nico di Angelo. 

He woke up earlier than everybody else even though he only slept, like 4 hours. 

Anyways, he got up, showered, and went to the Dining Pavillion. He met up with Will and decided to sit down to eat. He got his favourite, waffles with maple syrup (AN: Idk his favourite food, deal with it.) That's when everything started to go downhill.

Nico POV:

I was having a nice, delicious breakfast at the Apollo table with Will. Everything seemed so peaceful and so... nice. Wow, it's been a long time since I felt so good, last time it was with Bia- Nevermind. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts. Phew.

Anyways, the Fates obviously have it out for me because an IM was about to change my life forever. Mid-bite I get an anonymous call. Just out of curiosity I picked it up. 

In the call, I saw the sight I hoped I would never ever see again.

Inside it, I saw Tartarus.

But what was worse, was that a girl was in battle stance. She was about as tall as Percy, maybe a year older than him I guess, and she looked ready to pass out. Like she'd been having a war for who knows how long. Tattered clothing, and scars on every inch of her, she was every bit demigod. 

I looked in horror at the mass of the armies that surrounded her. Thousands of monsters, hellhounds, drakons, empousai, even the Minotaur. This time and I'm not ashamed to admit it but, I was really scared, especially since I hadn't seen that many monsters since the war with Earth Mother. 

What was worse was that the girl looked like-
"Bianca!" I screamed.

Now everyone in the whole Dining Pavillion was looking at the IM. Percy and Annabeth were horrified and couldn't stand looking at the sight. Everybody else was just looking plain scared out of their wits. Will took one look at the IM, then me, and then squeezed my hand slightly. 

"Oh look who decided to join us! If it isn't the one that got away. Nico Di Angelo." An anonymous voice has never made more sense. 

It was Nyx, daughter of Tartarus and Chaos. 

The girl took one look at the IM, and her face was the perfect transition of fear, to rage, then pure and raw wrath. Even in her weak state, she made my angry face look cute. 

"Why did you do this? He doesn't deserve to see this again!" The girl screeched on my behalf.

"Oh but her brother deserves to know how his sister met her untimely demise of course?" Nyx replied cynically.

"B-Bianca?" I whispered for it was the only sound I could think of.

She looked at me. She gave me a small smile and said, "Wrong answer buddy. Esperanza Hearthstone, Daughter of Hades, and-" A knife just pierced her in the middle of the chest. 

I did the reasonable thing. I screamed. 

"Oh, no-no-no. Nico, don't worry, I'll be fine. This isn't the worst of my injuries. Just promise me you won't come here." Esperanza reassured me, but seriously, how could she even talk without collapsing??!!

"I- I"

"Promise me!" She requested, one eye still on the battlefield. 

"-I promise. Please be careful." 

"I'll try my best to stay alive, thanks." She replied sarcastically as if she wasn't surrounded by a ginormous army ready to pounce on her at any moment.

Then she slashed her sword through the rainbow, ending our call. 

I plopped back on the seat, devastated at what I'd just seen. 

Chiron came wheeling in towards me. 
"Nico. Listen to me, my boy. Don't even try to go rescue her. She's not going to make it out alive anyway. But you can't risk your life for her. There's a very good reason she's there and-"

"And what? I let her die down there? She's my sister for goodness sake! I can't do that to her! Who knows how long she's been down there! I need to go save her. I have to help her. I must. And if there is a reason, I'd like to hear it." I retorted breathlessly.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this. She'll tell you herself." Chiron said.

"Then I'll save her and get to the bottom of this. I thought me and Bianca were the only modern-day demigods?"

"All your questions shall be answered by her. Go, before it's too late."

I nodded. And was about to set off before Will grabbed me. 

"Woah there Sunshine. You aren't goin' there alone. Me, Percy and Annabeth have agreed to come with you." Will said.

"You don't get it, Will. I've been there before. It's the reason I'm stuck with PTSD, and so are Percy and Annabeth. You aren't gonna risk you're life for" I was cut off with Will's hand clamping my mouth shut.

"Um, no. That decision is off debate. Thank you." He then removed his hand. For a doctor, he sure is strong, maybe it's because he has to hold down so many patients for their shots.

Ugh, ADHD, sorry. Anyways, where was I?

Oh yeah. My sister was as good as dead if I didn't make it in in time, so I had to pack up quickly, and we drove to the nearest Tartarus opening.

Tartarus, brace yourself. You're gonna pay for what you've done to my sister.