A Plan- Pt 2

"ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʟ"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will POV:

"Nico- when I said, even if it means going back to Tartarus and retrieving her soul from there... I hope you understand that I meant figuratively. Right?", I nervously chuckled.

Okay, I love him and all but still. Nico cares too much about her and is literally going to die down there if he goes back again. I don't want to repeat the same experience either but if he's going then I am too. Besides, Esperanza's like a sister to me as well. I wouldn't want any of my half-siblings to live their life in excruciating pain in eternal damnation. 

Ah all right. Even if it meant going back to Tartarus, I'll help her. That's one of the things about being with Di Angelo, your life never really gets a break. And honestly, I'm kinda here for it. No matter how dangerous, I guess that's just the life of an average demigod.

We packed up secretly and the next dawn, me and Nico were off. It was kind of overwhelming, but because we were together, it didn't matter.

We're gonna save you Esperanza. Just hold on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV SWITCH! lmao

Esperanza POV:

I was up when Nico was packing. Frankly (AN: sorry I had to- 😭👍🏼) speaking I didn't notice or care where he was off to. Okay- no. I did care- I just needed some time to be alone.

Often time I found that being alone was much easier than to tell other people. Because it would require feeling put into words and that would require a backstory. And I hate telling people about where I came from and how bad it was. I OBVIOUSLY don't need a reminder, thank you.

Nico was up quite early and was packing at what- four in the morning, I suppose? He was quick- some ambrosia, nectar, unicorn draught, clothes, water and some armor. Of course I didn't tell him that he forgot to pack his cards- but I mean if he needed his armor then I'm not sure if he would need his cards.

He quickly glanced over his hunched shoulders at my supposed sleeping form. How could I tell if my eyes were closed, you ask? Dunno. I just had that feeling where you feel like you're being watched. (I aLwaYs fEel lIkE... soMeBodY's wAtcHinG meeeee-) I was good at that feeling now after spending hundreds of nights down in Tartarus. I mean, wouldn't you know if a monster was right behind you with its poison fangs and sharp claws? I think you would. 

He hesitated for a moment- then quickly came over and kissed my forehead before he could change his mind. My mind was racing at top speed. No way in hell did he just do that.

I mean, sure. He thought of me as a sister but still. It had only been like a day since I'd been here. Had he already promoted me to the status of family? It was too much to hope for me, honestly.

Very slowly he backed away from me- because blood. Like, all over me.

And left. Just like that. I was remotely aware of the slight crimson that had crept up my cheeks and nose. But anyways.

After four more hours of pain, torture and no sleep at all btw, I decided to get up because a) did I mention no sleep? and b) breakfast.

I walked on over to the Hades table and noticed several pairs of eyes ogling me. Confused I asked an Aphrodite girl for a mirror and hesitantly she gave it to me. Suddenly, I realized the issue.