Blood, Love and Destiny

"I need someone to heal my heart. Fall in love with me. And that's near to impossible."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico POV:

Now, I am not a heavy sleeper. That part must be obvious when you look at the dark circles under my eyes. But this time I was actually having a good sleep. Right up until Hazel screamed at me to get my ass up and look at Esperanza.

She sounded really shooketh. Yes, and I did just use that word because that is exactly what she sounded like. Shooketh.

I rubbed my eyes open and looked around to find Esperanza on her bed. Then I mentally chided myself because I completely forgot Esperanza wasn't sleeping on the bed. So, I looked on the floor and I suddenly saw something reddish.

My vision was still a bit blurry, but I could realize something was wrong. I made my way over to the red liquid- Okay, maybe I was a bit under-reacting and acting a bit dumb, but honestly, I wasn't afraid of a little blood. I am the son of Death himself after all and- OH MY GOODNESS wHAt ThE AcTUaL-

ESPERANZA WAS LYING. IMMOBILE. ON THE FLOOR. IN A POOL OF BLOOD. WAS IT HER BLOOD? WAS IT SOMEBODY ELSE'S? DID SHE MURDER SOMEONE? SHOULD I BE WORRIED? 

WAS BRINGING HER HERE THE RIGHT DECISION AFTER ALL?

And that was the moment Esperanza's eyes fluttered open.

SHE WAS ALIVE. THANK ZEUS AND ALL THAT IS HOLY.

Wait what. Why did I say that. Zeus can go to Tartarus for all I care. Eww.

Anyways. She was okay and that's all that mattered. I left my rant to complete another day in another state of mind.

She just got up (lIkE iT wAs nO eFfOrT aT alL bTw-) and stared at me and Hazel in complete confusion. LIKE SHE WAS NOT JUST SITTING IN A POOL OF BLOOD WITH GASHES ALL OVER HER-

Now that I looked her up closely, I realized that she had several cuts on her face and a scar across her upper lip- almost like Jason's. Though I'm pretty sure she didn't get hers from eating a stapler. Then there were her arms and legs. Her shirt was bloody red from both the front and back. Just seeing her made my hair stand on edge. I was used to seeing blood and all that nasty stuff but this was just overkill.

"Nico?"

"Uh, Esperanza... Are you okay?!?!?"

"Huh? Me? Of course! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh no reason, just that uhm I don't know?? YOU'RE SITTING IN A POOL OF YOUR OWN BLOOD-"

"Oh, this? It's nothing! See, my body is still bound to Tartarus and will always be till my destiny is fulfilled. Until then... It will be tortured like this every day. Nothing much."

I could just gape at her. Hazel was the first to come out of the shock.

"So, you mean... You're going to have to wake up in a pool of your own blood EVERY DAY? Don't you feel pain?"

"I do... Excruciating, horrible pain. But I can't do anything about it. No use crying about it. Better to just try to ignore it." She said through a sad smile.

See, I would've hugged her, but the thing is- BLOOD. I don't mind it, but still. I just- No. Eww.

Esperanza then just decided to close her eyes in concentration and when she reopened them, her eyes went all white and sparkly- like she was having a power surge. I did not like power surges.

Suddenly, the blood around her and on her clothes started floating upwards and swirled around her. A portal opened under her, and the blood started going down to it. With a sickening realization, I came to terms that the portal led to Tartarus.

"Wha-What are you doing? Why are you-"

Her eyes didn't change when she spoke.

"I have to discard it obviously. So, I'm sending it to Tartarus. The monsters must not have been fed for a while since I am gone." She said, nonchalantly I might add.

When the whole ordeal was over with, all three of us made our way to the Dining Pavillion for breakfast. I invited Will over to our table and the rest of the seven just naturally came up and sat down without permission. Oh well.

After telling them about Esperanza's condition, Annabeth was the first one to speak up.

"Is there no way really? I can tell that you're hiding something from us."

All of us just looked at her, mouth agape. Annabeth retrospectively just called Esperanza a liar. nO aNnAbEtH-.

Esperanza just narrowed her eyes a bit, and then smiled. 

"The smartest daughter of Athena after the wisdom goddess herself. Percy- you're one lucky guy."

Annabeth and Percy both seemed to blush at this, and we all were here for it.

"So, that means there is a way out?"

Esperanza nodded, "There is one, but it's not possible."

"Why? What could be that hard?"

"I need someone to heal my heart. Fall in love with me. And that is near to impossible."