Her Story (Continued)

Previously:

(The scene shifts again. This time, it's a teenage Esperanza standing in front of Hades.

"Dad?"

"Go away Esperanza, I'm a busy god."

"I'm here to help you. I've studied the laws of the Underworld thoroughly. I memorized them by heart. Please, give me a chance."

Dad seemed to ponder over this for a moment and then handed her a big stack of papers.

"List of people to be sorted. Do it till tonight and I'll consider spending time with you."

"Yes! Thanks, Dad! I won't let you down!" She says and rushes out of his throne room.

"I hope you won't," Dad mutters to himself.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene shifts and Esperanza is now with Hades who is laughing uncontrollably.

"So he says, "I didn't live my life! It was my twin!! Get him instead!" It cost me a whole lot more paperwork than the average guy I tell you Dad." Esperanza says.

Dad laughs a little more and Esperanza smiles. I notice that Esperanza (the one beside me) was smiling as well, as though reminiscing the times she and Dad would laugh together and just be  the average Daddy-Daughter duo. I was envious, I must admit, but then I took a guess at why Esperanza wasn't smiling completely.

Something bad must've happened.

Then suddenly Alecto comes into vision and everything falls silent.

"Alecto, what news have you brought?"

"My lord... It's time." 

"Time? Time for what Dad? Where are we going Father?"

"Patience, Esperanza."

The scene shifts and I see them in the throne room. Esperanza looks nervous as ever. Everybody's tense. Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon look like they're waiting for something.

Then the Fates appear.

They look horrible like always but something's up. Something was definitely wrong.

"Olympians... You must be wondering why we've gathered you here." Birth spoke

"You must understand the reasoning behind Esperanza being... special. We have chosen her to complete a special task, one which you cannot have any knowledge of for now, but will learn about in the future. " Life explained

"We have chosen her to be the next generation of Olympians, because your demigods aren't capable enough, sadly. She will take the place of all, and by that we mean ALL Gods, Main and Minor. Hence she needs to receive all of your gifts by tonight. And only by TONIGHT before the Sun loses its shine." Death continued.

"Even though she will have all your powers, she isn't fit to rule at the moment. She will take over the Throne of Olympus at the age of 16... Until then you will have to help her get ready for all the things to come." They said in unison.

Every Olympian looked dumbfounded. No wonder. Their seats were being taken from them in the blink of an eye. Being immortal they never thought they'd experience death at the hand of a mere demigod who didn't have any special powers.

Ok, boomer. Like the Fates cared at all.

The next scene was just a montage of all the Olympians (Main and Minor) basically giving every drop of power they had into Esperanza. She had requested, although to not be immortal. 

So wait- wait. ESPERANZA WAS A DEMIGOD WHEN SHE RECEIVED THIS IMMENSE BURST OF POWER?!!

How she could handle it is a mystery to me. But in the scene she looked like se was dying on the inside. Her face looked horrible. Gaunt and kind of lifeless.

But the Esperanza beside me looked unmoved by everything being shown. She must not have cared about her powers at all.

But the thing shown after this is what shocks me the most. 

Esperanza is shown training with Artemis and Hestia cheering her on when Hades appears. Esperanza smiles at him but her shows no emotion. He beckons her to come with him and Artemis and Hestia looked as if they knew what was going to happen. But Esperanza did not care. She followed Dad and so did Artemis and Hestia.

They reached an opening to Tartarus, and Esperanza realized all the other gods were standing beside her too. 

"D-Dad? Father? Why are we here? Tartarus is such an awful place. Why are we standing next to its opening?"

Hades didn't say anything. Nobody did.

"Now, Esperanza. You must realize that we're doing this for your own good. We have no benefit out of this by all means I say and-" said Zeus

"What are you all talking about?! Surely you don't mean-"  Esperanza was glassy eyed and I realized what was about to happen next.

Hades pushed her. HADES, her own FATHER. MY father. No, Hades. Lord of the Underworld pusher her, not my dad. 

He didn't even look remorseful.

I just covered my eyes. I wasn't ready or prepared for it. Her scream-

It was too horrible. I just covered my face and shifted closer to Will. I couldn't take it.

Meanwhile Esperanza just sat there. Emotionless. Looking at herself in plain sadness.

Everybody else just looked at the screen. Nobody could utter a single word. It just hit us in the face like a bullet train. We just sat there mindlessly processing what we just witnessed.

So that was how she ended up in Tartarus. She was betrayed by the only people she knew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know....

I KNOW HOW LONG IT HAS BEEN SHEESHH

GOD DAM it just so happened that my WIFI stopped supporting this website after I shifted houses and it took THIS long for it to finally open again.

I promise I'll try to post the entire story again please don't kill me..

Bella Ciao👋🏻