2.7

A/N- hey guys. Sorry I have updated in almost a month but here's the next part.
——————————————————

The quartet walked through the courtyard like the other students.
'I'd always heard Hogwarts' end-of-year exams were frightful. But I found that rather enjoyable.'

'Enjoyable?' Andy said in disbelief.
'Exams are horrible.' Peter shuddered and most agreed with him.

'Speak for yourself.'
'Mia, I think I can safely say that you're the only one in the whole school who thinks that.'
'All right there, Harry?'
'My scar. It keeps burning. It's happened before, not like this.'

'That can't be good.' Marlene frowned. Regulus retorted,
'No shit.' Causing the two to glower at each over, although there was little to no malice in it.

'Perhaps you should see the nurse?'
'I think it's a warning. It means danger's coming.'
'Brilliant.' Alyssa muttered sarcastically, 'just brilliant- of course dangers coming. What a joke.'

'That is worrying.' Pandora frowned slightly as James and Sirius sniggered at her commentary.

Alyssa then stopped as Harry gazed at Hagrid's hut, piecing together all he remembered.
'Oh. Of course, how did I not-'

Everyone leant forward in curiosity, 'What?'

'What is it?'
'Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?'
Whilst Hermione frowned and Ron looked lost, Alyssa gasped as it clicked into place,
'Of course! God we're stupid.'

They all sits in amazement at their deduction. Surprised they didn't piece it together before.

They rushed up to Hagrid, who sat outside his hut playing the flute.
'Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?'
'What did he look like?'
'I don't know. I never saw his face. He kept his hood up.'
'This stranger, though, you and he must have talked.'
'Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him. I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.''
'Did he seem interested in Fluffy?'
'Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy. How often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said-I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffly, for example. Just play him a bit of music, and he fall straight to sleep.''

'Oh, Hagrid...' Luna sighed as the others looked horror struck at the realisation.
'That means Snape can get past Fluffy!' Alice exclaimed. Severus scowled at the accusation but couldn't find an excuse for his behaviour so far so kept quiet.

The quartet all looked at each other with bewildered looks.
'I shouldn't have told you that. Where you going? Wait!'

'Please get a teacher.' Remus implored and Alyssa replied,
'We did!'
'Really?'
'Yes, but no one ever listens to us!'

The four Gryffindors ran into Professor McGonagalls' classroom.
'We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!'
'I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London.'
'What?! He's gone? Now? But this is important! This about the Philosopher's Stone.'
McGonagall looks at Harry in shock and surprise.
'How do you know-'
'Someone's going to try and steal it.'
'I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I assure you, it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly.'